Honored Contributor

Re: LAVAR BURTON

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom wrote:

Reading Rainbow was DD's favorite show. She actually wasn't allowed to see many. To this day when she sees LeVar Burton she shouts "Rainbow," as she called him when she was a toddler!

I can't see him hosting Jeopardy. It's going to have to be a special person- smart, classy, TOLERANT, and with a sense of humor.  Smiley Happy

Lavar is smart , classy and what should he be tolerant of?  Alex was great, but he did not suffer fools.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Re: LAVAR BURTON

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom wrote:

Reading Rainbow was DD's favorite show. She actually wasn't allowed to see many. To this day when she sees LeVar Burton she shouts "Rainbow," as she called him when she was a toddler!

I can't see him hosting Jeopardy. It's going to have to be a special person- smart, class, TOLERANT, and with a sense of humor.  Smiley Happy

That sounds like an accurate description of Lavar Burton.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

Oh, please not Ken Jennings.  

Honored Contributor

@elizabethl123 I did a lot of looking on the 'net. LeVar Burton has NOT been selected as the host. NO ONE has.

I did see a story that a lot of people have signed a petition to make Burton the host but NOTHING has been decided.

I'm sure there will be a BIG announcement when a new host is signed. Until then,  I'll wait and see.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

No, my name will not be on that petition.  Not crazy about Jennings becoming host, either.  Having watched Jeopardy for many years, beginning with watching with my grandmother, I really can't think of who could replace Alex.  Maybe Steve Harvey? Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Steve Harvey?  I'd be out if that happened.   Apparently, George Stephanopoulos's people are floating him as a replacement.   Can't see that either.  

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick Steve Harvey, no way. I loathe that guy. He's a crude, bombastic jerk. He would NEVER fit in on Jeopardy. He has no class IMO.

Respected Contributor

I can't even stand when Ken Jennings is reading questions on certain categories on the board.  I can't imagine him taking over hosting the show.

Jeopardy is such a special show that they just can't take anyone.  They have to be bright, witty, and personable.

I definitely could see LeVar or George S.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

Ben Mankiewicz might be good. maybe...

Alex had the best mix of cerebral seriousness and wry wit. No one can replace Alex.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@MamaWick Steve Harvey, no way. I loathe that guy. He's a crude, bombastic jerk. He would NEVER fit in on Jeopardy. He has no class IMO.

ITA.  The only way I would watch is Tom Bergeron(?)sp.   He has humor, and a great MC.  The rest named would be a no no for me.

I do like Mr. Rainbow 🌈 la Mar, but Tom would make it fun,his sense of humor.