Respected Contributor

i took my wife to see the for her birthday and she didnt think i would like it. i said i want you to see what you want to see. she loved it and so did i. 

Honored Contributor

I loved it!  I really love musicals and thought this one was great.  I think Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone were fantastic in it.  Both are very talented.  I'd like to see it again.  I'm so glad I saw it on the big screen instead of waiting for it to come to video.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

@shoesnbags They cast people now with box office appeal in hopes that the movie will make tons of money. If they had put relative unknowns with natural talent in the film, it might not have made it to the top. Unfortunately. I haven't seen the film. I don't get all the hype over Ryan Gosling. He has zero appeal to me. 

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.  It was just okay and I also don't understand all of the hoopla over it!

That's EXACTLY the way I thought!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1. ...and yet La La Land went home w/ many awards....ALMOST best picture 😜.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

If you haven't seen the movie stop reading now! I just saw it last night on HBO. I loved the movie, having said that I was so disappointed in the ending.  There is so much sadness and strife in the world today, why not after escaping for 2 hours can't I have a happy ending? I didn't like the tease of what could have been. It sends a message you can't have it all, they sacrificed love for their dreams. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@winamac1. ...and yet La La Land went home w/ many awards....ALMOST best picture 😜.

Yes, I know it did.  I just didn't love it.  I liked it "ok".  It certainly wasn't my favorite movie.

Different strokes for different folks. It didn't earn in my book all the hype or accolades.

Super Contributor

I waited till it was free on HBO so I taped it.   I lasted 5 minutes then discarded it.  

Respected Contributor

what a letdown - after all the Hollywood hype.  it is so rare that something really really good comes to the screen from there these days.  is Hollywood a "has-been"?  i think the Brits do a better job now.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

what a letdown - after all the Hollywood hype.  it is so rare that something really really good comes to the screen from there these days.  is Hollywood a "has-been"?  i think the Brits do a better job now.

total let down.  Acting good, but the more I think about it....I was happy it was over....