Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I saw it about a month ago with a friend.  We left the theater scrstching our heads.  I thought it would never end.

Honored Contributor

@Libbylady wrote:

I saw it about a month ago with a friend.  We left the theater scrstching our heads.  I thought it would never end.

I am so glad I am not the only one who thought that way

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

After reading your reviews, I'm glad my plans to go see it a few weeks ago fell through.  I was fairly certain I wouldn't like it but was going to go with a friend who wanted to give it a chance.

Trusted Contributor

I loved loved loved it!  Can't get the music out of my head.  Now Manchester by the Sea .... though very good was slow as molasses on a cold winter's day.

Honored Contributor

I saw it before Christmas and loved it!   It got a standing ovation in theater I was at.  

Honored Contributor

My 14 year old daughter and I saw it together and loved it!  We still talk about it and listen to the music. 

Honored Contributor

How many nominations has it received so far?  Anyone know?

Honored Contributor

I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.  It was just okay and I also don't understand all of the hoopla over it!

Honored Contributor
When I watched preview, Said to myself! NO WAY!! Why would waste time watching? When the true great musicals exist. Glad to see I'm in good company. Tell your sweet Mother agree with her. 💁
Esteemed Contributor

La La Land is my husband and my favorite movie of an entire year of movies. We saw 33 movies from the beginning of Jan 2016 to sometime to the 2nd week in January of 2017 in the theatre. (not counting a few HBO ones and the ones we saw in the past weeks).

The only movies we didnt see that were up for the major awards are Moonlight, Hacksaw Ridge, and Manchester by the Sea. But we will see them on dvd.

We loved La La. Of course my husband used to be in the local theatre where he lived before, and I used to go to the local theatre in my area so perhaps thats why we love it.It reminds us of the old musical type shows which there should be more of. Plus I love Ryan Gosling!

PS) If anyone wants to see it, my advice is watch it then. Dont go by what others say. If we did that we would miss alot of movies that we end up loving (if we listened to critics or friends opinions!).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles