Honored Contributor

I saw this movie on Valentine's Day w/ my Mom who's 88. She grew up w/ all the old song and dance movies. She hated this one. We both agreed it was very s l o w!!! Don't get all the hoopla and nominations.

Opinions?

Honored Contributor

I didn't care for it at all. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I saw this movie on Valentine's Day w/ my Mom who's 88. She grew up w/ all the old song and dance movies. She hated this one. We both agreed it was very s l o w!!! Don't get all the hoopla and nominations.

Opinions?

I have not seen it myself....but the name is a turn off to me...and I dislike musicals so it is  not something I would pay to see.  I do not like  people singing in movies  out of the blue etc, it is just so phony.  

Valued Contributor

I loved it! Ryan and Emma together again?  Fabulous!

Esteemed Contributor

My two youngest grandkids call me LaLa.......so I guess I live in LaLa Land!  

Honored Contributor

Horrible, Hated it, could not wait for it to end, I think Emma Stone was totally miscast

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

My daughters loved it, however I disliked it very much.  I like the true old time musicals.  With true stars.  Gene Kelly, Judy garland, Debbie Reynolds.  They were stars, not the people of today who think they are stars.  They had class.

Respected Contributor

Hmmm..... Maybe I won't go see this then, because I'm a fan of the old musicals too and the huge hype so often leads to a let down IMO. 

Esteemed Contributor

I thought the movie itself was ok, but neither of the stars has much of a singing voice.  This amazes me, that with all of the spectacular voices out there, they would choose actors with mediocre voices.  That's not how it used to be with musicals.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Awful...  Once you've seen and enjoyed real dancers the quality of Ginger and Fred, even little Shirley Temple.... remember Bill Robinson? (Beau Jangles?)  Ohmygosh...., Even Debbie Reynolds (who had never danced before) worked herself raw for Singing in the Rain (under Gene Kelly).... and what dancing it was!!  

Watching these two hurt. just hurt.....   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*