Honored Contributor

Re: Kyra Sedgwick Series

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle  @Jordan2

"ABC is taking “Ten Days in the Valley” for a ride.

The network is shifting the low-rated Kyra Sedgwick drama series from Sundays to Saturdays as of Dec. 16.

Back-to-back episodes will air on Dec. 16 starting at 9 p.m. The show will air one episode on the following two Saturdays at 10, with a two-hour season finale airing Jan. 6 at 9.

In place of “Valley,” ABC will air back-to-back original episodes of “Shark Tank” at 9 and 10.

Sedgwick, who stars as a TV writer whose daughter goes missing, told The Daily Beast last month that ABC was “not doing a good job getting the word out” about the show."

Source: SF Gate

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Trusted Contributor

@Tique..... I am still with this show... even tho some of it leaves me confused...lol

Trusted Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Shelbelle  @Jordan2

The network is shifting the low-rated Kyra Sedgwick drama series from Sundays to Saturdays as of Dec. 16.

Back-to-back episodes will air on Dec. 16 starting at 9 p.m. The show will air one episode on the following two Saturdays at 10, with a two-hour season finale airing Jan. 6 at 9.

In place of “Valley,” ABC will air back-to-back original episodes of “Shark Tank” at 9 and 10.

Sedgwick, who stars as a TV writer whose daughter goes missing, told The Daily Beast last month that ABC was “not doing a good job getting the word out” about the show."

Thanks for this information.  I binge watched the 4 episodes available in my DVR yesterday.  Then went to the schedule of dvr's for the next 2 Sundays and there were no episodes upcoming.  I wondered what happened.  Am I correct in my understanding that I will not see anything more until Saturday December 16th?

I am kind of enjoying it.  Enough so that I want to see the outcome.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique wrote:

@Shelbelle  @Jordan2

@Tique, thanks for the information. You know a network has given up on a show when they dump it in the black hole of Saturday night! By the time December 16  rolls around, I will have forgotten all about this show. I just remembered, ABC did this same thing with that show about Romeo and Juliet. I gave up on that show too, if ABC didn't care about the show, why should I?

Honored Contributor

I guess since there are just a few episodes left before the finale, they figure they may as well air it so those interested can see the ending. Sad situation for Kyra.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was just thinking that since Bros and Sis went off the air in 2011, abc has never had a hit show in that time period. But then I remembered Revenge was on at that time slot.

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle I feel bad for Kyra as you do. I think she's great, even in this role. The problem is the writing. It's terrible, the show is terrible. The only reason I watched was because of Kyra but as of about 2 weeks ago, I couldn't watch anymore. I look forward to seeing her in something soon. It took her awhile to do this, so who knows.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Esteemed Contributor

I think its the best "new" drama show that came out this year. Too bad its 10 shows. Some of the other new dramas DH and I were watching we already dumped!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Dratts, I've missed seeing all of the episodes.  Could it be that the title isn't eye-catching?   I love Kyra Sedgwick.  Loved 'The Closer'.  FBI agent Fritz (Jon Tenny) and Kyra's relationship, and then their eventual marriage  kept the series alive.   .......... I've often thought that the Frank character in Blue Bloods should have a once in a while type of relationship with an FBI woman agent  in several episodes.  Maybe not totally romantic, but a sort of Perry Mason/Della Street type of 'respectful' relationship.   A deep admiration for each other, etc. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

"Ten Days in the Valley" is returning on this coming Saturday, Dec 16th. They are showing two episodes, one @ 8P CST and one @ 9P CST. Thumbs down to ABC; they really messed this series up.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."