Esteemed Contributor

Kobe Bryant Memorial service

The service was broadcast on ESPN this afternoon. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Kobe Bryant Memorial service

It was humbling to see Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson speak so eloquently while wiping away tears.  Kobe Bryant left behind a giant legacy during his all to few years on this Earth.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched it on CNN.Very touching.Kobe was loved by many. There were a lot of tears shed.Heartfealt eulogies for him & his daughter Gigi.

His wife Vanessa delivered a beautiful eulogy.You can see her pain. I hope she can find peace.💐

Life is too short.We don't know how much time we have. We need to be kind to eachother.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nuttmeg - I live in the Los Angeles area and most of the local stations here broadcast it live.  It was one of the most emotional and informative memorials I've ever seen.  The speeches were moving, funny at times and gave us a better look into the lives of Kobe and his daughter.  Vanessa Bryant delivered the most loving and emotional eulogy for Kobe and Gianna.  How she was able to get through that without totally breaking down was inspirational and a testament of her strength.  I was a loyal Lakers fan during the time that Kobe played.  Yes, he was only human and made mistakes in his life, but he is truly loved not only by his family, but his loyal fans.  May they both rest in peace.

Respected Contributor

It was a moving service.  It was an amazing tribute to see super stars like Michael Jordan wiping away tears, you could see their true grief.    I don't know how his wife got thru the tribute without breaking down - her strength amazed me.

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ :  Beautifully written...

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Staples Center was sold out. Attendees included thousands of fans and several of my friends. Not just celebrities. No one in LA is complaining about paying for tickets, the proceeds of which go to charity. This was the public memorial. There was also a private burial.