Honored Contributor
According to People online it was announced over Golden Globes weekend that a sequel is planned for Knives Out which did extremely well at the box office and was very profitable (I have a separate thread here about that film). The sequel is centered more on Daniel Craig's detective character. It should be out on about a year.

Craig said he loved doing a comedic role, so different from James Bond and had the most fun ever on a film while making KO.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Knives Out Sequel Planned

I hope they don't mess it up. Part of the enjoyment of the whole movie was the rich cast and story. They would have to come up with another one and a good storyline, which will be hard. I would not go see it just because of that one character. He was OK, but that is not what made the movie fun for me. But, I will remain hopeful!

Respected Contributor

I really enjoyed that movie.  Hope the sequel will be as good. 

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ  As I posted in the first thread where I reviewed the film, I thought Craig was the weakest link in it, although others didn't since he got a Golden Globe nomination for the film.  I do hope it also has a great cast of many because the multi cast in the film was so fun!  All those suspects....just like a Christie mystery.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee, I think I also mentioned that I thought he was the weakest, so I hope they find a strong cast in the next one!