Honored Contributor

Poor ol' soul looks pretty rough. In wheelchair, can't talk or hear very well.

I wouldn't want to hang around that long. They can afford in home care, etc.

Rest of us would be existing in nursing home suffering no telling what in there.

Respected Contributor

Wow that’s old. I wouldn’t mind living that long if I were still healthy. My father is 92, lives alone in the home he and my mom raised us in, drives, does his own shopping, etc. He is very healthy, and swims daily at the YMCA.  My siblings who live close check on him. My mom lived to 92 and both my dads sisters lived to their late 90s and were independent, but they moved in together as their husbands died long ago. His parents lived to be 98 and 99 and he still has a cousin alive who lives alone at 96.  All these people just died of old age in their sleep. I hope I have inherited that longevity. 

Honored Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

Hardly a pinch.  Google Natalie Wood. Hardly something to be blown off as a by-product of a movement. Aside from that, he was always known to be one of the nastiest abusive people.  I'm talking about Kirk, not Michael.

Also, no-one is entitled to grab or pinch anyone without oral or implied consent (by virtue of their relationship) no matter what their age or position in life. If the nurse was offended it's HER right to be so, not SOMEONE ELSE'S right not to be on her behalf.

@ILTH  But she is allowed to express her opinion here.

Honored Contributor

Douglas wrote several books back abput 30 years ago, first one was his autobiography called Ragmans Son, which he told of all his womanizing in his early days in Hollywood, great read.

I saw an interview 2 years ago with Michael when Kirk was about to turn 100, he said his father wants to see his 100th, but after that, he does not have much of a desire to see anymore.

Honored Contributor

My MIL lived to be ninety-nine.  At one time, she said that if she lived to 90, she would be impressed. Smiley Happy