Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I can't imagine starting a new job at 73, especially one as demanding.  Of course, he's prepared but wouldn't he rather be living out his days in leisure.

@ValuSkr I think of that often!  I am younger than him, retired, and can't imagine how difficult it would be just physically on him.  The funeral alone might do him in. 

Imagine having to deal with it all in public, do all the walking, wear the heavy clothing, etc.

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

He's had so many major losses these last 2 years.  Those fighting boys of his need to knock it off and give him some peace of mind.  

Are they really fighting or is it media hype?

I know the whole backstory but fighting?

Respected Contributor

Have they announced when his coronation will be yet?  Do they have to observe a certain amount of time after the Queen died?

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Have they announced when his coronation will be yet?  Do they have to observe a certain amount of time after the Queen died?

@aubnwa01  King Charles III is expected to be crowned sometime in the spring or early summer of 2023.

Queen Elizabeth II was not crowned until June 1953, 16 months after the death of her father, King George VI.

It doesn't look as though there is a set time between the death of one monarch and the coronation of the new one.

I found nothing about a waiting period.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@aubnwa01 

The queen's coronation was televised, but I believe it was held inside.  Charles' coronation couldn't be held before year end.  If they do anything outside ... a parade ... I'm sure the planners will want good weather for the press coverage.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

I can't imagine starting a new job at 73, especially one as demanding.  Of course, he's prepared but wouldn't he rather be living out his days in leisure.

@ValuSkr I think of that often!  I am younger than him, retired, and can't imagine how difficult it would be just physically on him.  The funeral alone might do him in. 

Imagine having to deal with it all in public, do all the walking, wear the heavy clothing, etc.

My husband and I commented about all the walking.  We are 5 years younger than him and we have to push ourselves to make it from one end to the other of the Super Walmart and back out again!.  

Honored Contributor

The accusations against Andrew were upsetting, but not personal to the Queen and her family. She had a close relationship with Harry, photos of them together laughing, forgiving him his embarrassing misadventures, the strip poker photos, Nazi costume, so for him to publicly attack her and his family, especially while her husband was dying was a betrayal that surely broke her heart.

Honored Contributor

The topic is King Charles III.

Just my own feeling-his coronation will not compare to the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II.  It almost seems like a non-issue after her death.

It is almost as though the monarchy is on a steady decline and becoming non-essential.

I am sure the good citizens view this in a different light but there is nothing really stirring about King Charles III compared QEII.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh