Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Did they ever say what the Queen actually died of ?

Heart failure, kidneys shut down, heart attack, etc.

I know she was 96, but, her mother was almost 102 by the time she died and I wonder just what exactly killed her.

Not yet and at her advanced age, I doubt that they will.  When she greeted the new Prime Minister just a couple of days prior to passing, you could frail she'd become since the summer.  Her body was giving out and it was obvious that she didn't have long.  It's likely that willed herself to perform her lady official duty and her heart gave out.  No. The butler didn't do it....

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I can't imagine starting a new job at 73, especially one as demanding.  Of course, he's prepared but wouldn't he rather be living out his days in leisure.

He's been leisure for the first 72 yrs. whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

He's had so many major losses these last 2 years.  Those fighting boys of his need to knock it off and give him some peace of mind.  

He's been a KING in training since the day he was born.  Grown sons that don't get along is trivial.   There are more important matters for a KING to do than worry about his squabbling GROWN children.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I can't imagine starting a new job at 73, especially one as demanding.  Of course, he's prepared but wouldn't he rather be living out his days in leisure.

This isn't a job for him. It's his life.  A life he's been preparing for since childhood.  And for several years, he's assumed much of his mother's workload.  And he has William and Anne and Edward.  He'll be fine.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, because of the papers they like to feed the scandel sheets and that flies back in the face of whomever is on the throne.

Harry has made his bed tend the funeral. Act decent and like U got some sense then get back to America.

Honored Contributor

Re: King Charles III

[ Edited ]

Lady Collin Campbell, royal biographer said the Queen had bone cancer. I don't know how accurate that or she is.

Super Contributor

The death of Prince Philip was more than she could take - in my opinion,  he was her rock, and with all of the goings on with the young Royals, I think it was all too much.  We didn't realise how ill she was because she did her duty until the very end.

Honored Contributor

@CABRIT wrote:

The death of Prince Philip was more than she could take - in my opinion,  he was her rock, and with all of the goings on with the young Royals, I think it was all too much.  We didn't realise how ill she was because she did her duty until the very end.

@CABRIT 

Actually, I think Andrew's whole mess took the most starch out of her, although it seems there's always something going on in a family that big.  

Charles has big shoes to fill, but I just don't think he'll ever be as popular and well thought-of as his mum.  

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Did they ever say what the Queen actually died of ?

Heart failure, kidneys shut down, heart attack, etc.

I know she was 96, but, her mother was almost 102 by the time she died and I wonder just what exactly killed her.

@SharkE   I do not know if that info has been released but I do not think it will be nor should it matter.

As far as her mum, that is only a 6 year difference at the time of the deaths.

It's not like she was Methuselah.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@CABRIT wrote:

@CABRIT 

Actually, I think Andrew's whole mess took the most starch out of her, although it seems there's always something going on in a family that big.  

Charles has big shoes to fill, but I just don't think he'll ever be as popular and well thought-of as his mum.  

@Tinkrbl44   I agree Andrew's mess certainly weighed very heavily on her.  Philip passing away definitely took the last of the wind out of her sails-you could see it in her face.

I thought she looked very frail at her Jubilee; even her smiles couldn't hid that she was not up to par.

Like any family, though, there is always some drama, pain, loss, etc.

Royal or not.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh