Honored Contributor

Last evening we watched a DVD we own called King Charles III. We bought it a few years ago. Very well done. Written in the style of Shakespeare. It is a Masterpiece Theater film. Actors are great,but the woman that plays Kate has got the body language down perfectly.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

The BBC America is showing some great programming about The Queen and the Royals. I watched coverage of the  coronation last night. Charles was four years old and bored stiff! He looked so cute.

Trusted Contributor

All I can say is, good for Charles.  He waited a long time and I remember hearing, he had felt that he didn't think he would ever be king.  It's a wild life to be born into the British Royal Family, that's for sure.  

Goes to show-- you're never too old for your life to take a turn or for a new challenge.  He could maybe reign for 20+ years and be good king. We shall see!  Cause Lord knows with all this coverage, you can't miss it. LOL

King Charles always makes me think of Joan Rivers.  LOL.  She commented in many interviews that they were great friends.  That he was grossly misunderstood and a lovely man.  Then when she died, he put out a statement of his grief at her passing.  

Miss Joan and her perspective.  

Trusted Contributor

I had forgotten about this - terrific production, so creative.  Blank verse, if I recall correctly. I wonder if they will re-run it.

Honored Contributor

I think this picture tells it all

The tearful King was driven to Buckingham Palace after his proclamation at St James's Palace

Honored Contributor

Did they ever say what the Queen actually died of ?

Heart failure, kidneys shut down, heart attack, etc.

I know she was 96, but, her mother was almost 102 by the time she died and I wonder just what exactly killed her.

Honored Contributor

Re: King Charles III

[ Edited ]

I can't imagine starting a new job at 73, especially one as demanding.  Of course, he's prepared but wouldn't he rather be living out his days in leisure.

Respected Contributor

He's had so many major losses these last 2 years.  Those fighting boys of his need to knock it off and give him some peace of mind.  

Respected Contributor

Could have been a stroke or heart failure.  The cause will never be released.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Did they ever say what the Queen actually died of ?

Heart failure, kidneys shut down, heart attack, etc.

I know she was 96, but, her mother was almost 102 by the time she died and I wonder just what exactly killed her.

@SharkE 

I was wondering the same thing.  I've heard that in many countries, when an important person dies, there has to be an autopsy to rule out foul play.   It certainly would make sense to do so.   No idea what's the norm in England ... or Scotland, where she died.