Super Contributor

Re: Kind of surprised there are no threads on the Duggars...

I agree with everthing you said.

Respected Contributor

Very, Very disfunctional family is the nicest thing I can say about them. There are better things to watch on television.

Esteemed Contributor

@doodles76  Remember where you are......Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

and their courtships, engagements, and breeding updates.

Guilty of watching even though I consider them to be on the whackado spectrum.

@faeriemoon

IMO, they are just downright creepy .....  no entertainment value whatsoever.   

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow.  Good normal Christian families would never live a life like the Duggars. To keep your own children uneducated and jobless is not something they do.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Their extremes prove to be a breeding ground for other issues and prove true wherever the lifestyle is followed.  A perfect cover until the cover is blown.  Happens all the time. The Duggar cover blew.   Most people aren't going to find them anything but pathetic for remaining in it and perpetuating it for their children's children.   The superficiality looks wonderful. That's what they want to sell.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow.  Good normal Christian families would never live a life like the Duggars. To keep your own children uneducated and jobless is not something they do.

Thank you for letting me know what "normal Christian families" do and how they live.

I never said or implied that a parent should keep their children uneducated or jobless.

You're welcome.

Trusted Contributor

I feel sorry for many of the young ladies on that show, they just start having KIDS right away, no chance to see the world, go to college, travel a bit...BAMN...right to baby making.

They don't date the men for long, I guess as long as their father/parents approve it is a train that is moving FORWARD with their excitment or not.

For me, I don't wish young motherhood on anyone, enjoy life a little bit before you are saddled down with responsibility.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

I feel sorry for many of the young ladies on that show, they just start having KIDS right away, no chance to see the world, go to college, travel a bit...BAMN...right to baby making.

They don't date the men for long, I guess as long as their father/parents approve it is a train that is moving FORWARD with their excitment or not.

For me, I don't wish young motherhood on anyone, enjoy life a little bit before you are saddled down with responsibility.

I hope you don't consider motherhood as being saddled down with responsibility. It is a beautiful priviledge what ever age you become a mother.  I was 20 and never felt saddled down.  I doubt if the Duggers do either. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Why? Are the covering up more molestation charges?