Honored Contributor

Kind of surprised there are no threads on the Duggars...

and their courtships, engagements, and breeding updates.

Guilty of watching even though I consider them to be on the whackado spectrum.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kind of surprised there are no threads on the Duggars...

People got tired of and disgusted with this family long ago.  Don't really care what they do.  They are no more interesting than any other family.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I watched them in the past but once accusations and scandals started coming out, I lost interest. 

If someone posts about them and I see it, I will read about them.

@faeriemoon

Honored Contributor

Do any of them dance?  Maybe they could appear on "Dancing With the Stars"?

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Do any of them dance?  Maybe they could appear on "Dancing With the Stars"?

They aren’t allowed to listen to modern music, only Christian. They also are not allowed to dance. Something to do with their religion. Could you see them in those skimpy outfits? They have to remain covered from head to toe. Plus I don’t think they are allowed to be in a room with a member of the opposite sex without a chaperone.

Honored Contributor

Duggar who?

Contributor

I watch them and so do many people I know. Yes, they are different than any families we know. The contrast from some of the other realty shows is like day/night. And how refreshing to see church , prayer at the forefront. Not going to see drinking, foul language, etc., etc. And yes we are well aware of the scandal. The older kids marry a like-thinking spouse and all seem in love & happy. The parents are involved in the lives of the older children and the kids have best friends within their family. I'm in awe of what it had to be like living with that many people. The amount of food, cooking, laundry, getting that many organized on a daily basis well, I can't imagine. I know most people will not have any nice comments & that seems sad. 

Honored Contributor

@doodles76 wrote:

I watch them and so do many people I know. Yes, they are different than any families we know. The contrast from some of the other realty shows is like day/night. And how refreshing to see church , prayer at the forefront. Not going to see drinking, foul language, etc., etc. And yes we are well aware of the scandal. The older kids marry a like-thinking spouse and all seem in love & happy. The parents are involved in the lives of the older children and the kids have best friends within their family. I'm in awe of what it had to be like living with that many people. The amount of food, cooking, laundry, getting that many organized on a daily basis well, I can't imagine. I know most people will not have any nice comments & that seems sad. 

I stopped watching when it was discovered the older boy had molested his sisters and the family seemed to want to cover it up and his wife stayed with him and I believe had more children.  I hope they are safe.

Super Contributor

FREE JANA. That poor girl/woman should be given the chance to go to college and see what life has to offer besides marrying some one her dad thinks is suitable.

Esteemed Contributor

Would rather watch paint dry