Trusted Contributor

Kim K's involvment with Alice Johnson

It was shown on the recent episode of Keeping Up and have to say I have a new found respect for Kim and perhaps this is her calling and she'll be able to help others too.  Alice Johnson is proof positive there is something terribly wrong with our justice system.  

This is not political so please don't make it that way.  Thank you.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Kim K's involvment with Alice Johnson

@puttypiesmom

I didn’t watch the show but saw the news stories about Ms. Johnson. The prison sentence was unreasonable in my opinion, especially after hearing her side of the story.

Trusted Contributor

In the episode, Kim goes to Tennessee to meet Alice who has a rather large family.  Kim was introduced to each member and hugged each one.  That's heart.  If it takes her celebrity status to get the job done, I say go for it.  Hopefully attorneys will be more successful with their clients in similar situations after this.  

Respected Contributor

Kim K's work on Alice Johnson's plight is to be applauded along with all those who saw to her release.  when people go above and beyond for their fellow man, and make a "wrong" "right", i say "hats off."  this shows humanity and character.  i began to think of her in a different light.

Valued Contributor

I heard her when she was on the NPR quiz show "wait wait don't tell me" - she was very very gracious and very smart.