Honored Contributor
If biblical scholars are not in total agreement on "the facts", I doubt that we can fairly expect a "former history teacher" to provide definitive answers to tough questions. Consider it as one of your sources of information if you wish, but use it as a source for more research if you're really interested. Smiley Happy. He SURE sells a lot of books!
Honored Contributor

The bible and stories about Jesus are very subjective. In other words, we each get out of them what we see or interpret.

My Mother used to say 'never discuss religion or politics'. If you do you will never agree. Everyone has his or her own ideas and they're not likely to be changed.

We find that on even our TV shows. We all get along here so well because we respect each other's opinions and ideas. We know enough to know just because we don't agree or see it, it doesn't make it right or wrong (whatever it is).

I was baptized (just like when John baptized Jesus, the real deal) and I was christened and made my first Holy Communion as a Catholic. I'm covered except Judiasm (sorry if spelled wrong).

You guys are so good in my book. I don't see you with your hands at each other's throats. A show like that could cause it, but it doesn't here.

Esteemed Contributor
I enjoyed reading all the comments here. Smiley Happy I'm going to tune in this weekend to watch it in its entirety.
Honored Contributor

me too wildcat!

Respected Contributor
On 4/1/2015 annabellethecat said:

The bible and stories about Jesus are very subjective. In other words, we each get out of them what we see or interpret.

Annabel I gave you a reply in post #22 which was deleted it might have cleared up some misconceptions instead of one always left in a ambiguous place.... clarity be the goal...

Love One Another..

Frequent Contributor

For two weeks I was looking forward to seeing this movie. I rushed home to watch. I was disappointed. I could not understand what the actors were saying much of the time. It had nothing to do with the volume. I'm going to have to watch it again.

Honored Contributor

java {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}....Hoggie, If you had trouble understanding what they were saying, I think I'm in trouble. I might have to put on the sub-title thingy.

Thanks for the heads-up. I am knee deep in tax stuff (company and personal, going crazy, so it doesn't bode well trying to watch TV and do that.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/31/2015 qvcaddition said: The book was very good. It was from an Historical point of view, not religious. Bill O,Reilly also stated this in all his interviews on talk shows.

He stated that again last night. His storyline of the book was totally historical and not religious. He said that he left out many of the "miracles" because there was no way to authenticate them. The accounts of the miracles were passed along by word of mouth for many years and were finally written down in the Bible.

Respected Contributor
On 4/2/2015 corita said:
On 3/31/2015 qvcaddition said: The book was very good. It was from an Historical point of view, not religious. Bill O,Reilly also stated this in all his interviews on talk shows.

He stated that again last night. His storyline of the book was totally historical and not religious. He said that he left out many of the "miracles" because there was no way to authenticate them. The accounts of the miracles were passed along by word of mouth for many years and were finally written down in the Bible.

Sounds like a typical media person no commitment

Yah miracles were just word of mouth no witness in the four Gospels bla bla....

Well hold on to your hat Bill O'Reilly for the coming years there will be more miracles than you could ever write down..

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure why it's so hard for some people to understand but there are people in the world that have strong faith and are also able to understand historical factual evidence. Not every book about Jesus needs to be written from an evangelist perspective.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval