Trusted Contributor
@SilleeMee

Wrote your screen name wrong above, my friend...apologies across the miles!! 💜 You were the person responsible for so many excellent psychological observations about Eve and the show in general! Hope you see this Emmy Awards post.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks! @MarnieRez3 . Wonderful news about the Emmys!

Trusted Contributor
@SilleeMee
Hello friend! So happy you read and responded...I got your "nic" wrong intially...sorry! Rushing to work and writing on my phone.
My thought is that sometimes when TWO actresses are nominated for the same show, they often cancel each other out...Plus, Game of Thrones may dominate all the categories because it is so beloved.
So...not sure if Jodie Comer will win! But...I hope so!
💙
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3   Thanks soooo much for this. Oh how I hope Jodie wins. Hope they don't "cancel each other out." I hope one of them wins if it comes to that! 

Also, any news of when the new season starts, can we count on you to tell us?

Esteemed Contributor
Out of all the nominees in the actress category, I’ve only seen Game of Thrones (IMO Emilia Clarke is not a good actress), How To Get Away With Murder (love Viola, but the show is no longer “buzzy” - the kiss of Emmy death!) and Killing Eve. Jodie was incredible this season - was Sandra even a lead last season? Nothing against the other women nominated, but Jodie has to be the lead contender. Without seeing the show, I would guess Laura Linney is her only competition. Because, well, Laura Linney is always competition in these races. (Love her!)
Respected Contributor

@MarnieRez3  thanks for letting us know about Jodie Comer.  I don't really follow the Emmys so I didn't see the list.  I think Jodie is fantastic.  Hope she wins.     

Trusted Contributor
@Judaline
I will absolutely post when the new season starts! We must see if Eve is okay! (Although I think we all know she will be....😁) I personally hope Season 3 is not as bloody and macabre as Season 2.

@Alter Ego
I never watched Game of Thrones so I can't comment on that show, or that actress, but I too adore Viola Davis and Laura Linney.

I feel like Jodie Comer is the "buzziest" of all those actresses, plus she won the BAFTA, so I hope Sandra Oh doesn't cancel her out and Jodie wins.

Killing Eve is also beloved by the critics, while I believe the last season of Game of Thrones was heavily criticized for being disappointing.

@smoky22
You are so welcome...and thank YOU for starting the Eve thread way back when. 💜

The Emmy broadcast is in September.

Great to hear from all of you!
Esteemed Contributor

@MarnieRez3 , love Killing Eve.  Villanelle is a favorite for sure. Wishing Jodie all the best!  LM

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

Villanelle is delicious wickedness

thanks for the shout out

Trusted Contributor
@Yahooey
You are so welcome, lovely!
She is sooo wicked...and so well-dressed! 🧡