Honored Contributor

Re: Killing Eve

[ Edited ]

Imo Carolyn is a narcissist. All she cares about is herself. So whatever is good for her then that's what she will try to get and a lot of it is power. Narcissistic people have control issues as seen with Carolyn and her son. Carolyn wants everyone to be her subordinates. that gives her a feeling of power. Another thing about narcissists is that they are very aware about how they look to others, for example that face cream Carolyn mentioned to Eve on how much it made her look young and that it smelled like a pig's rear end...but she used it anyway because she liked the way it made her look....how narcissistic can it get than that??!!

Carolyn is, by definition, is a narcissist...

"cocky, manipulative, selfish, patronizing, and demanding."

Trusted Contributor
@SilleeMee
Yes, good character analysis...she also has to have an active list of men who adore her, and very often those men are in M16! I love when you post all these psychological profiles of characters.
But now I fear for Carolyn...as Villanelle will want to exact revenge for being set up to kill Aaron. BTW, I'm so happy Aaron got it in the end...he was such a miserable, arrogant pervert.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:
I still love the show, but the storylines seemed to end abruptly this season. The Ghost was caught and dispatched quickly. Then Aaron Peel was murdered and it kind of didn’t matter. But, thinking back, everything moved the story forward to get us to this final scene in the Roman ruins.

I was reading a EW.com’s article on the finale and they questioned whether or not Konstantin mentioned that Villanelle still had family living (they suggested a twin, but that’s only a guess.) If that’s true, could point to some season 3 plot points.

@Alter EgoI think Villanelle's father is still alive.

Carolyn wanted Aaron Peel dead for his murdering other women but had Villanelle do the dirty work.

I'm still wondering what happened to the two women Villanelle followed after leaving that store.

This is where is gets disjointed.  Some follow-up has been dropped.

I thought those two women had a one night stand with V then left when Eve showed up. One of the women had thanked V for the sex as that woman was leaving V's  apartment. Then right after the two women left Eve asked V if there was anyone else in the apartment. I assumed the women were just there for the sex.

@SilleeMee   Ahhh........that must be it.  Good catch. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor
@SilleeMee
You should be a forensic psychologist! 💜
Trusted Contributor
@SilleeMee
Or an FBI Profiler!
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
I was reading a EW.com’s article on the finale and they questioned whether or not Konstantin mentioned that Villanelle still had family living (they suggested a twin, but that’s only a guess.) If that’s true, could point to some season 3 plot points.

In season one, Villanelle's real name was revealed as well as she was raised in a orphanage. It's where Konstantin found her. The name code name "Villanelle" is a perfume.

Her mother is dead but father is allive.  It was unclear if her father droped her off at the orphanage after wify died or if he was ever aware that he is a "father."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor
@Mz iMac
Wow! Thank you! I honestly have NO recollection of any of these details. I didn't know the code name Villanelle is a perfume...!!! Nor did I remember anything about her family. Excellent backstory...grateful for your good memory. 👏
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@SilleeMee
Yes, good character analysis...she also has to have an active list of men who adore her, and very often those men are in M16! I love when you post all these psychological profiles of characters.
But now I fear for Carolyn...as Villanelle will want to exact revenge for being set up to kill Aaron. BTW, I'm so happy Aaron got it in the end...he was such a miserable, arrogant pervert.

Yeah, but he was good in PBS' Indian Fires. Loved him in that, and he also turned up on The Durrells in Corfu on PBS. I can't think of his real name. Just sayin'.

Honored Contributor

I think if Villanelle really wanted Eve dead, she would have made sure. But she didn't.

Trusted Contributor
@Alter Ego
@dawg lover
@Cakers3
@Mz iMac
@Sillee Mee
@Yahooey
@granddi
@MezzieStarr
@Judaline
@Lilysmom
@DrKelli
@deepwaterdotter
@smoky22

Hello to all of you!
Great news yesterday...

@Alter Ego and @dawg lover got their wish...

Yesterday, the Emmy Award nominations were announced and JODIE COMER was nominated for Best actress in a TV Drama along with Sandra Oh.

Killing Eve was also nominated for Best Drama.

So very glad "Villanelle" was recognized by the Emmy voters...because...well, when she feels slighted, there's often scary and bloody consequences! 😉

(Forgive me if this is not a complete list of all the wonderful Killing Eve posters...I'm rushing to work and just read the Emmy nominations in the paper. 💚)