Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think the "Killing" part of "Killing Eve" is metaphorical. It's about the dissolution of who Eve used to be...her transformation into a different person, unlike the person she was before she got involved with V.

Wow, that's heavy. You've got me thinking.

Esteemed Contributor

What did you think of the finale? We're you surprised about what happened? I thought it was very thought provoking. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not totally shocked at what happened at the end. But...

Spoiler
I don't think Eve is dead. Did you see the size of that gun V used to shoot her?? It was really small and at the distance she fired it at Eve, I think it could have wounded her and not killed her. 
Trusted Contributor

I thought it was a good season, although Season 1 was better, IMO.  Since the show was renewed for another season, obviously Eve is still alive.  And what about poor Nico, stuck in the storage unit!  I hope Jodie Comer gets some well-deserved recognition this year.

Honored Contributor

Re: Killing Eve

[ Edited ]

Villanelle is attracted to Eve because Eve is probably the first person to stand up to her.

It's the old cat and mouse game-Villanelle's "assignments" have always been get in, kill, and get out.

But once Eve came along Villanelle now has somebody watching her and trying to take her down.  She is not so anonymous anymore.  Once Eve stabbed her in Season 1, it was a turning point. 

Of course Eve is not dead.  She was playing dead just as Hugo said he was when he was shot in that hotel.  Plus was Eve wearing her bullet-proof vest?

This is a trilogy of books by Luke Jennings and the 4th one was published last year.

So there are still plenty of storylines for Season 3.

I do think Season 2 lacked the punch of Season 1, though.  Seems the storylines were all over the place.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor
I still love the show, but the storylines seemed to end abruptly this season. The Ghost was caught and dispatched quickly. Then Aaron Peel was murdered and it kind of didn’t matter. But, thinking back, everything moved the story forward to get us to this final scene in the Roman ruins.

I was reading a EW.com’s article on the finale and they questioned whether or not Konstantin mentioned that Villanelle still had family living (they suggested a twin, but that’s only a guess.) If that’s true, could point to some season 3 plot points.
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
I still love the show, but the storylines seemed to end abruptly this season. The Ghost was caught and dispatched quickly. Then Aaron Peel was murdered and it kind of didn’t matter. But, thinking back, everything moved the story forward to get us to this final scene in the Roman ruins.

I was reading a EW.com’s article on the finale and they questioned whether or not Konstantin mentioned that Villanelle still had family living (they suggested a twin, but that’s only a guess.) If that’s true, could point to some season 3 plot points.

@Alter EgoI think Villanelle's father is still alive.

Carolyn wanted Aaron Peel dead for his murdering other women but had Villanelle do the dirty work.

I'm still wondering what happened to the two women Villanelle followed after leaving that store.

This is where is gets disjointed.  Some follow-up has been dropped.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:

@Alter EgoI think Villanelle's father is still alive.

Carolyn wanted Aaron Peel dead for his murdering other women but had Villanelle do the dirty work.

I'm still wondering what happened to the two women Villanelle followed after leaving that store.

This is where is gets disjointed.  Some follow-up has been dropped.

I thought those two women had a one night stand with V then left when Eve showed up. One of the women had thanked V for the sex as that woman was leaving V's  apartment. Then right after the two women left Eve asked V if there was anyone else in the apartment. I assumed the women were just there for the sex.

Trusted Contributor
@SilleeMee
Omg...the women who walked out of Villanelle's bedroom when Eve was there were the same women who Villanelle followed out of the late night take-out joint?? Good continuity...I didn't catch that!
I agree with the posters here...@dawg lover Season 1 was more fun and cool to me too...Season 2 became a bloodfest...and too many unresolved plotlines.
Eve probably did play dead like Hugo...BUT...what do you think happened to cutie Hugo??
And @Cakers3 I still can't figure out if Carolyn is on the good side or the bad side!! After Eve realized Carolyn had set Villanelle and her up to kill Aaron, she turned on Carolyn.
Trusted Contributor
@Alter Ego
Wow! If Villanelle has a twin, that would be a very cool plot point...maybe a good twin/bad twin storyline.