Honored Contributor

Re: Killing Eve

[ Edited ]

@MarnieRez3 wrote:

@Cakers3 

You did? I did NOT see that bus murder coming! I thought she maybe was going to charm Amber's guardian with some sweet talk, not KILL HER!!!!

The house in that dinner scene? Dining room overlooking an infinity pool!?

OMG - I. Want. It. 

So is that all we are going to see of THE GHOST?

@MarnieRez3   Yes because she had to get rid of Amber's guardian in order to get to Aaron.  The guardian had a job to do and that was to stick to Amber like glue.  She would not allow Amber to be near anybody else.

The house didn't do anything for me.  It was obviously expensive and probably one of a kind but it was just too sterile for my taste.  Although that bookcase sure could come in handy.

Villanelle only knows how to kill to remove obstacles.  I doubt Amber's guardian would have fallen for any ruse.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:

@Cakers3

Agreed - Jodie Comer has that "it" factor - I cannot take my eyes off of her...she is such an unpredicable character...Will she kill me or kiss me??

Plus, her mastery of accents is really impressive.

You mentioned her crying in the AA meeting scene -- I don't know if she was being authentic and telling the truth, because, well, she is a true psychopath, so who knows? She does seem to derive some sick pleasure from killing, but yet, she says she is bored and doesn't feel anything most days. I wonder if they will give us more backstory on her to determine how she became a remorseless killer. I seem to remember a horrible scene with her father killing her mother in a bathtub??? Sorry - I can't recall the details!

@MarnieRez3   I know her mother is dead but the only bathtub scene I remember from last season is Villanelle having Eve in the bathtub to "calm her down"-she just wanted to have dinner with her.

Villanelle's father is alive-Antolj or somebody named as such?  I can't remember. 

Ever notice how much Villanelle eats?  She always seems to have something.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3Oh wow, good recall - I didn't remember that Villanelle's father is alive.

Yes, she IS always snacking or eating. Lol! Last night they showed a deleted scene of Villanelle eating macaroons in a hotel room.

It takes a lot of energy to kill people, I guess!

I forgot another crazy scene - when she broke into Eve's house, Villanelle did all this mean-spirtied nuisance vandalism; putting CDs in the wrong cases, tearing a page out of a book, dumping a piece of banana into a salt container,  and then, using Eve's toothbrush! Yuck!

Only TWO more episodes. Boo hoo! ;-(

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I thought that woman's collection of bras showed what kind of person she is...one that likes her boobs and showing off her cleavage and maybe a little more.Smiley Wink

And one who displays her bras perfectly. All lined up and ready for action. Seems like we may have a fanatic on our hands.

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:

@Cakers3Oh wow, good recall - I didn't remember that Villanelle's father is alive.

Yes, she IS always snacking or eating. Lol! Last night they showed a deleted scene of Villanelle eating macaroons in a hotel room.

It takes a lot of energy to kill people, I guess!

I forgot another crazy scene - when she broke into Eve's house, Villanelle did all this mean-spirtied nuisance vandalism; putting CDs in the wrong cases, tearing a page out of a book, dumping a piece of banana into a salt container,  and then, using Eve's toothbrush! Yuck!

Only TWO more episodes. Boo hoo! ;-(

You got it.

Esteemed Contributor
1st of all, I completely thought of this thread yesterday with all of the eating we saw Villanelle doing!

I was a little confused last night. V originally smacks the guy and calls him a bully, but now she’s okay with him being a control freak and taking bullying to another level? But, I do think she’s beginning to like him - a challenge for her.

Eve and her co-worker were a surprise (to me at least.). I know others have commented on chemistry but I missed it. Of course, he’s not what turned her on...

I assume there’s also audio in V’s room - does anyone remember?
Trusted Contributor
@Alter Ego
I finally watched this episode.
Lololol...yes, I too thought of this thread and the comments on Villanelle and all her eating. It seemed like EVERY scene in the episode had food in it! (What was the dish only available 1 week a year in the fancy restaurant? It looked like pasta to me...maybe with truffles?)
Hmmmm....interesting question. You think Villanelle's earpiece is two-way? So she can hear what Eve or Hugo are doing? Not sure if that's what you meant.
The season finale is next Sunday?? Wow...how will they wrap up all these story lines??
Trusted Contributor
@Alter Ego
I thought the creepy bully was using hidden cameras to spy on Villanelle. Wouldn't he be able to hear Villanelle talking to Eve when Eve got into bed? (He heard Villanelle earlier when she took the microphone out of the bread, put it in her ear and started singing "One Way or Another" by Blondie.)
Esteemed Contributor

@MarnieRez3 Sorry, I was confusing. I meant that that creepy guy (really should look up his name!  LOL) was spying on Villanelle.  I wonder if he could also hear her, because he may be wondering who she’s talking to. I suppose she could say she assumed he was watching her and it was for him.  But, it could also set up a confrontation too. Or, it may be meaningless.

Honored Contributor

I don't think V has an earpiece. That little pill thing looked like she tucked it into her bra...it's a mic.