Trusted Contributor

Re: Killing Eve

[ Edited ]

@Alter Ego 

Oh that's terrific...and she is from Liverpool, so I'm sure a BAFTA TV award means a lot to her. Thanks for the heads-up.

I totally agree - Sandra Oh got so much recognition for Killing Eve last year; it would be fantastic to see Jodie Comer get just as much attention this year. Sandra Oh is absolutely wonderful on this show, but Comer is RIVETING. 

Honored Contributor

So Niko is only sleeping downstairs on a pull-out sofa.  Yeah, OK.  Not for long.

And who the heck owns that many bras???  LMAO

Why was Villanelle following the two women at the end of this episode?

Does she need to fill a need to kill?

I wondered about her sharing at that AA meeting about being "bored" and actually crying.  Who can say if Villanelle was being genuine???

I'm glad she whacked that pompous fool with that book.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Loved V's pantsuits last night. Very chic!

Trusted Contributor
@Cakers3

Lolol...yes! Pompous fool deserved to be whacked with that book. (I feared for his life at one point...he didn't know who he was bullying.)

I thought this episode was back on track and hugely entertaining after last week's confusing one. I love that Villanelle got the upper hand in her relationship with Eve! (Yes, I am rooting for the assassin! What is wrong with me??)

Villanelle to Eve:

** "I like you, but I don't like you that much."

**"The only thing interesting about you is ME."

I definitely did NOT expect the "motor car accident" with Amber's bodyguard/guardian literally being thrown under the bus.

I thought the EXACT same thing about the "bra drawer," who has that many bras?? It looked like a stock room at Nordstrom....

Those two women appeared to be just random customers at a late-night take-out place. Not entirely sure if Villanelle was planning to kill them...she seemed upset that they cut her in line?

Nico is being portrayed as "vanilla" and "boring," but I always thought he had been pretty supportive of Eve and her crazy job.

So now that Eve covered up Villanelle's murder of Amber's bodyguard/guardian, I suppose she HAS gone over to the dark side? Eve had the opportunity to implicate Villanelle in that "accident," but she didn't tell Carolyn the full story. Doesn't that make Eve an accomplice to murder? She witnessed a murder but didn't say anything....uh-oh.
Trusted Contributor
@SilleeMee
Agreed...Villanelle is a cold-hearted murderer, but she sure can dress! ;-)
How about that stunning modern apartment they gave her in Shoreditch? I want that to be My Flat in London.
Honored Contributor

I thought that woman's collection of bras showed what kind of person she is...one that likes her boobs and showing off her cleavage and maybe a little more.Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor
@SilleeMee
Ah...interesting read there...yes, I think you are right...shy teacher by day, but they were showing she has a wild side. Nice character reveal.
@Cakers3 is right...Niko won't be on the couch for long. ;-)
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@Cakers3

Lolol...yes! Pompous fool deserved to be whacked with that book. (I feared for his life at one point...he didn't know who he was bullying.)

I thought this episode was back on track and hugely entertaining after last week's confusing one. I love that Villanelle got the upper hand in her relationship with Eve! (Yes, I am rooting for the assassin! What is wrong with me??)

Villanelle to Eve:

** "I like you, but I don't like you that much."

**"The only thing interesting about you is ME."

I definitely did NOT expect the "motor car accident" with Amber's bodyguard/guardian literally being thrown under the bus.

I thought the EXACT same thing about the "bra drawer," who has that many bras?? It looked like a stock room at Nordstrom....

Those two women appeared to be just random customers at a late-night take-out place. Not entirely sure if Villanelle was planning to kill them...she seemed upset that they cut her in line?

Nico is being portrayed as "vanilla" and "boring," but I always thought he had been pretty supportive of Eve and her crazy job.

So now that Eve covered up Villanelle's murder of Amber's bodyguard/guardian, I suppose she HAS gone over to the dark side? Eve had the opportunity to implicate Villanelle in that "accident," but she didn't tell Carolyn the full story. Doesn't that make Eve an accomplice to murder? She witnessed a murder but didn't say anything....uh-oh.

@MarnieRez3   When Villanelle is in a scene I want to push everyone else aside so I can watch only her.  That is the superb actiing by Comer.

I guess we are all a little psycho.  LOL

I saw her pushing that woman right away.  The look on her face looking at Eve.

She had to get close to Amber to get close to Aaron and needed her guardian out of the way.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3 

You did? I did NOT see that bus murder coming! I thought she maybe was going to charm Amber's guardian with some sweet talk, not KILL HER!!!!

The house in that dinner scene? Dining room overlooking an infinity pool!?

OMG - I. Want. It. 

So is that all we are going to see of THE GHOST?

Trusted Contributor

@Cakers3

Agreed - Jodie Comer has that "it" factor - I cannot take my eyes off of her...she is such an unpredicable character...Will she kill me or kiss me??

Plus, her mastery of accents is really impressive.

You mentioned her crying in the AA meeting scene -- I don't know if she was being authentic and telling the truth, because, well, she is a true psychopath, so who knows? She does seem to derive some sick pleasure from killing, but yet, she says she is bored and doesn't feel anything most days. I wonder if they will give us more backstory on her to determine how she became a remorseless killer. I seem to remember a horrible scene with her father killing her mother in a bathtub??? Sorry - I can't recall the details!