Trusted Contributor

@YahooeyYes, hilarious! LOVED those incredibly long earrings she wore with that pink gown. Too funny that she told that Instagrammer off! Nobody messes with Villanelle!

@Cakers3Did you see the last episode? Were you also disappointed? I know you love this show too!

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:

@YahooeyYes, hilarious! LOVED those incredibly long earrings she wore with that pink gown. Too funny that she told that Instagrammer off! Nobody messes with Villanelle!

@Cakers3Did you see the last episode? Were you also disappointed? I know you love this show too!

@MarnieRez3   I had mixed feelings about it. 

I was thrown off by the situation with the Ghost-how did Villanelle get the info out of her without any harm (at least obvious harm) showing?

The Villanelle walks away and how did she end up talking to Eve's husband???

Carolyn and Konstantin in the car as Villanelle and Eve drive away? 
Carolyn has to know Konstantin is Villanelle's handler.

I haven't trusted Carolyn right from the start.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

What about that scene in the subway where Eve looked like she was ready to push a man off of the platform, into the approaching train...?? What was that all about?

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:
 wrote:Carolyn and Konstantin in the car as Villanelle and Eve drive away? 

Carolyn has to know Konstantin is Villanelle's handler.

I haven't trusted Carolyn right from the start.

My first thought was shades of Blacklist - wondering if the intention all along was to get Eve and Villanelle to work together. I didn’t get that yet either.

Sorry for formatting - wanted to respond to this comment directly and sometimes it’s hard on the phone!

Honored Contributor

Re: Killing Eve

[ Edited ]

My husband thinks that Carolyn and Konstantin are grooming Eve and Villanelle to be thier replacements.  I wonder if the scene at the rail station was to show that Eve's personality is turning dark, as in "Killing Eve".  Her husband is always commenting on how kind Eve is.

Trusted Contributor
@Alter Ego
Format looks fine to me...off topic, I thought you had a great comment about the Met Gala, but I didn't get a chance to give you props for suggesting someone should have come dressed in an actual camping outfit, like a haute couture Scout! That would have been a total double entendre camp moment! ❤
@Cakers3
Thanks for responding...yes, I totally agree...How did Villanelle get that information out of The Ghost??? I must know! Did she say something that only they both would understand? It didn't seem she used any physical torture, but she clearly got The Ghost to spill the beans.
@SilleeMee
I am not sure what that scene in the subway meant either. Was Eve trying to see if she could actually kill someone in preparation for ultimately killing Villanelle? Or maybe, as was suggested above, it was just showing Eve going over to the dark side?
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

I got to thinking about that subway scene and I think you might be right about Eve becoming dark and evil. Also I was thinking that maybe Eve was emulating V...sort of putting herself in V's shoes to imitate what it might be like to kill someone. Seemed it goes with her obsession with V...the need to copy her appears to be a part of that.

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@Alter Ego
Format looks fine to me...off topic, I thought you had a great comment about the Met Gala, but I didn't get a chance to give you props for suggesting someone should have come dressed in an actual camping outfit, like a haute couture Scout! That would have been a total double entendre camp moment! ❤
@Cakers3
Thanks for responding...yes, I totally agree...How did Villanelle get that information out of The Ghost??? I must know! Did she say something that only they both would understand? It didn't seem she used any physical torture, but she clearly got The Ghost to spill the beans.
@SilleeMee
I am not sure what that scene in the subway meant either. Was Eve trying to see if she could actually kill someone in preparation for ultimately killing Villanelle? Or maybe, as was suggested above, it was just showing Eve going over to the dark side?

@MarnieRez3   I am assuming Villanelle threatened "the Ghost" with harm to her children.  We know Eve confronted the Ghost at her children's school.

I agree with others that "killing Eve" has to do with her bad side coming out -she struggled leaving Villanelle with the Ghost, knowing what Villanelle could do to her.

The Ghost said "Monster" to Eve after; I took it to mean she was saying it about Eve and not Villanelle.

It's an interesting character play; Villanelle allowing feelings to come up and Eve becoming not so nice.

I think that scene with Villanelle looking in the mirror and crying and at the same time Eve looking at herself  in that mirrored window seemed to be a real starting point for these two to start getting in touch with hidden emotions.

It's a fascinating look, I think.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor
There's only THREE MORE EPISODES in the new season of Killing Eve!!! I'm going into withdrawal already!!!!
Esteemed Contributor
FYI - I just read that Killing Eve won best drama and Jodie Comer won best actress at the BAFTA TV awards today in London.

I always thought it was a huge omission for Comer’s name to be missing at the award shows last year. Hope that gets rectified this year - I for one can’t keep my eyes off her in every scene she’s in.