Respected Contributor

Kiefer Sutherland Designated Survivor

Anyone watching this?  I am playing recorded episodes and what is wrong with Kiefer's voice?  

He seems to be mumbling hard to understand him.  I keep putting the sound up when he is speaking and replaying.  His lips do not seem to move!  

Maybe it is my t.v. bit everyone else I can hear just fine without putting up sound.

Just wondered if anyone else noticed this.

Respected Contributor

Re: Kiefer Sutherland Designated Survivor

Yes, I noticed too but have no idea what's going on. 

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, good, it's not just me. I tried to remember if his lips moved when he was in TV series, 24.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

He got very difficult to understand in 24.  I'm noticing the same thing ...he seems to be whispering instead of talking.  It gets to be very annoying.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yea, it's been widely noted... It seems like this is part of his attempt at portraying the character as humble and soft-spoken... Well and good, but understanding what he's saying should be a higher priority...

I started out watching this show and taping it if I couldn't watch but have now missed a few episodes and deleted those I'd taped... I don't know, it just got a little too far away from being remotely true to life and I lost interest... It also seemed like they never really knew where they wanted to go with the show, particularly any stories involving his family... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I wonder if anyone has asked on Keifer's facebook page?

I read that he has a band and will be touring in Europe this summer .... could he bea bit hoarse from the singing practice?   Just theorizing.

Esteemed Contributor

I always use close caption.I

Super Contributor

Designated Survivor has become one of my favorite shows.

The acting is outstanding, love Kiefer and Kal Penn.

Honored Contributor

He mumbled on 24 too.

Honored Contributor

I didn't notice it last season just this season - seems he has marbles in his mouth. It isn't mumbling - isn't mumbling talking under your breath? He garbles the words almost like a speech impediment.