Respected Contributor

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Does anyone remember the old Art Linkletter show where he sat a group of kids in a row and asked them ordinary questions and he got the funniest responses?

I guess this is a reboot of that old show.   I like Tiffany Haddish but I think she is making the show too much about her and not enough with the kids.  I liked Steve Harvey when he interviewed the Little Big Shots.  I notice Steve is not on tonight w/Celebrity Family Feud and wonder what's going on and what's happened to him?  He lost his talk show program to Kelly Clarkson and now this.

Anyway, I don't think this program is gonna make it.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Re: Kids Say the Darndest Things

[ Edited ]

I agree with you about the show being all about her.  I really like Tiffany but when Art did the show it was about the kids and their lives not him.  I also think some of these kids were coached.  I don't know why but that's how I feel.  I don't think it

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Does anyone remember the old Art Linkletter show where he sat a group of kids in a row and asked them ordinary questions and he got the funniest responses?

I guess this is a reboot of that old show.   I like Tiffany Haddish but I think she is making the show too much about her and not enough with the kids.  I liked Steve Harvey when he interviewed the Little Big Shots.  I notice Steve is not on tonight w/Celebrity Family Feud and wonder what's going on and what's happened to him?  He lost his talk show program to Kelly Clarkson and now this.

Anyway, I don't think this program is gonna make it.

will go far either.  I'm tired of these game shows.  They aren't clean cut like they used to be. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen the show but can't imagine it will work.  Kids will be too coached, trying to be cute, trying to be the next child star.

I do remember the Linkletter show and it was very good.   The kids seemed genuine!

Honored Contributor

I am not familiar with the new show but loved the Art Linkletter Kids Say the Darndest Things.  He knew how to ask questions and get funny results from the kids.  There has to be a rapport between the host and the kids.  I'll try to remember to check this show out and see what I think.

Esteemed Contributor

@jellyBEAN   yes, I remember that as a segment on the Art 's show.  It was cute.  Too many reboots on tv now and they just don't work.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree the show is too much Haddish.  I fondly remember Art Linkletter's segments with the kids and when Cosby had a reboot it was "acceptable" but not must watch.  I didn't make tonight's premiere to the first commercial.

As a look into where society has gone since Art Linkletter did those segments on his show I would like to see the same questions asked by Linkletter, and later Cosby, asked by Haddish and show the answers one after the other. I'm sure it would be very revealing.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN I'm 71 and loved the original. Have ZERO interest in this version, which to me looks totally stupid.

Esteemed Contributor

Saw the commercials.

Too many times.

Won't be watching, not a fan of hers at all.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched some of it tonite...and do remember the old show...i have to be honest ...i really don't know who Tiffany is.....but thought she wasn't a very good choice for this type of show.....and like others said it was more about her then the kids......................to me it seemed like the other remakes that are very little like the original shows.....

Super Contributor

I love this idea!

@Marp wrote:

As a look into where society has gone since Art Linkletter did those segments on his show I would like to see the same questions asked by Linkletter, and later Cosby, asked by Haddish and show the answers one after the other. I'm sure it would be very revealing.