Honored Contributor

Re: Kevin Probably Saves the World, new show - ABC

I first noticed Jason Ritter on the TV show The Event. I like his brother too Tyler Ritter from the sitcom The McCarthys. Both of them remind me so much of their dad John. 

Trusted Contributor

I like Ritter, but think this show will get old fast...not enough "meat" in it to keep me interested.....sad, because he is a great actor..

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 Jason reminds me of his dad too.  I was such a huge fan of John Ritter and so upset and saddened when he died.

I don't recall when I first became aware of Jason.  I did see him on The Event and he had a role in Parenthood (a favorite show of mine), but I feel like I knew him from some other shows as well.  At any rate, I've been a fan for a while.  Like you, I'm on the fence about this show.  I liked it enough to watch another episode or two and see how it goes.

I've never heard of Tyler Ritter.  You've piqued my curiousity so I'm off to google him now.  

edited for typo

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@Jordan2 Jason reminds me of his dad too.  I was such a huge fan of John Ritter and so upset and saddened when he died.

I don't recall when I first became aware of Jason.  I did see him on The Event and he had a role in Parenthood (a favorite show of mine), but I feel like I knew him from some other shows as well.  At any rate, I've been a fan for a while.  Like you, I'm on the fence about this show.  I liked it enough to watch another episode or two and see how it goes.

I've never heard of Tyler Ritter.  You've piqued my curiousity so I'm off to google him now.  

edited for typo

@Citrine1, I’ll give it another shot too. Tyler Ritter was on a short lived show The McCarthys a sitcom. Laurie Metcalf was the mother of three grown children, husband played by Jack McGee, Joey McIntyre played a twin, the other twin was big (they were very mismatched) and a pregnant daughter. Tyler played Ronny their gay son who I believe was also the favorite. I thought the show was good, I guess others didn’t think the same! 

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I am sticking with the Menendez Bros, the Kevin show looks silly to me.

Enjoying MB so far.  Although we know how it comes out if this story line is accurate I have learned some things I did not know before.  Sometimes I will watch a show like this just to see the actors.  In this case, Edie Falco.  I could watch (the original) Law and Order for ever.   Jason Ritter was in an episode in 2001  ( Teenage Wasteland).   I enjoy seeing the young actors when they first started and alot of time it was a role on L&O.   More actors have appeared on L&O than any other show.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 That "McCarthy's" show doesn't sound familiar to me at all.  Even with the detailed description you gave, none of it rings a bell with me.  I'm a Laurie Metcalf so I'm surprised I wasn't at least aware of the show.  At any rate, I googled Tyler.  You're right in that you can see John in him.  I also think he looks like Jason.  You can certainly tell they are all related!  

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@Jordan2 That "McCarthy's" show doesn't sound familiar to me at all.  Even with the detailed description you gave, none of it rings a bell with me.  I'm a Laurie Metcalf so I'm surprised I wasn't at least aware of the show.  At any rate, I googled Tyler.  You're right in that you can see John in him.  I also think he looks like Jason.  You can certainly tell they are all related!  

@Citrine1, it was on CBS and they really didn't give it much of a chance. I thought it was good. I really like Laurie Metcalf and didn't know that her real life daughter is playing Sheldon's mother on the new show Young Sheldon. 

Esteemed Contributor

If any of you were watching tv in the early fifties you may remember Tex Ritter.  Tex was John Ritter's Dad (he also passed fairly early in life).

Respected Contributor

10 minutes into show i was thinking this show is boring but like 15 minutes in  it started to really pick up and we really liked it. allso that other new show the good doctor super good right away.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes @Jordan2, it's funny you mentioned that about Laurie Metcalf's daughter.  I tuned into Young Sheldon just to see her in the role.  She reminds me of her mom and sounds remarkably like her mom's character in Big Bang Theory.