Trusted Contributor

I watched it the first season but did not really like it too much.  Skipped it last year, but I did watch it last night.  It was pretty good, so I'm going to give it a try again this year.  I really enjoy Kevin Costner.....he's so easy on my eyes!!!!

Respected Contributor

I don't get the Paramount Network but I recently put the first season of Yellowstone in my Netflix queue, but I've got a lot ahead of it...

Esteemed Contributor

I really like this show. They have a great cast and the action never ceases. Of course, Kevin Costner is a big draw. Each season keeps getting better.

Frequent Contributor

I watched Hatfields & McCoys also.  Kevin Costner was SO good in his role (he won an Emmy), I forgot it was Kevin Costner (usually I don't).  I read an artcle when it came out & it was pretty historically accurate.

Respected Contributor

@denisemb 

I saw that years ago when it aired on TV. It was excellent. Tom Berenger gave a memorable performance, too.

A couple of years ago, I found the 2-disc DVD for $2.99 at Dollar General. DH and I enjoyed watching it again.

You won't be disappointed. It's a great cast and, as everyone knows, a great story.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

Not to hijack, but has anyone watched "Hatfields & McCoys" with Kevin Costner & Bill Paxton?

It's from 2012 and is a 3-parter showing on Starz.  Any good?

@denisemb 

My husband watched it but I have yet to.  I have DVR'd it, so maybe one of these weekends when he's fishing, I'll get to it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

I watched it the first season but did not really like it too much.  Skipped it last year, but I did watch it last night.  It was pretty good, so I'm going to give it a try again this year.  I really enjoy Kevin Costner.....he's so easy on my eyes!!!!

Yes, he is AND so is Cole Hauser.  HAVE MERCY!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

I like Costner. I generally like Yellowstone and really want to like it. Unfortunately, for me, it's too repetitive. Really violent, frequent, killings, very dark scenes, too loud music that obscures speech - it just gets boring. The show has so much potential, just needs more of a storyline that can be enjoyed. I liked the Season # opener just because it was a little "quieter."

But, knowing me, even though I say I won't watch, I just can't help it. Love the shows that involve ranch life, like to see the cattle, the horses. And wow, they've got some beautiful, quality, working quarterhorses on Yellowstone.

Super Contributor

He, we've watched Hatfields and McCoys and it is great. Bill Paxton was such a great actor, as is Kevin Costner, and we miss him so much. Paxton was so versatile and could play any part. To answer your question...yes, it's worth watching Hatfields and McCoys.

War Eagle!
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@BunSnoop wrote:

Yes, he is AND so is Cole Hauser.  HAVE MERCY!

I've been a fan of Cole Hauser for many years, you should check him out in Paparazzi.  His dad, Wings Hauser is also a very good actor.