Honored Contributor

Re: Kenny Rogers Passed Away

[ Edited ]

@Coquille   thank you for posting this about Kenny.

Loved him and Dolly singing together...what a duet they made  like Tammy and GeorgeHeart

Dolly must be heart broken learning about his death.

Another end of a era of great singer  and remember him in the movie the Gambler  and singing that song.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

You picked a fine time to leave us Ken-ny
With food bein' hoarded and
Runnin' short of TP
We've had some bad times
Lived through some sad times
But this time your hurtin' won't heal
You picked a fine time to leave us Ken-ny

Loved him! Remember Islands in the Stream with Dolly?

Honored Contributor

@Happy2BHere 

I loved all the songs the 2 of them sangHeart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@vsm    Ahh... Thanks for the compliment... I am blushingWoman LOL

I just felt I needed a new hair do... some  hair color and a bit of makeup to make myself feel better... I think it knocked off 30 years on my face don't you think?Smiley Happy

I always thought that was a very attractive picture now I know it's a real person. I also loved Kenny. May he rest in peace.

Trusted Contributor

@Lattelvr wrote:

What a great voice!  Love so many of his songs, especially "Through the Years."  That song just moves me.  I also love his Chrismas song he did with Dolly Parton, "A Christmas to Remember."  Oh, and I can't forget that great Seinfeld episode where  Kramer gets blinded by the lights of the Kenny Rogers' chicken restaurant that opens up outside his apartment and at first protests it, but then quickly turns around and him and Newman becomes addicted to the chicken.  Such a funny episode!    RIP, Kenny.

@Lattelvr  I’m with you—love many of his songs but especially love “Through the Years.”

Frequent Contributor

Had to listen to You Can't Make Old Friends. My favorite Kenny/Dolly song. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a beautiful voice he had. I liked so many of his songs: Lady, The Gambler, You're My Love (the beautifully simple song written for him by Prince--only KR could do it justice), Lucille...and my all-time favorite, Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town, when he headed The First Edition.

RIP.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

My favorite song that Kenny sang was Through the Years.   But when he sang Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town, I couldn't wait for him to say

Ruby........For God's Sake, Turn Around.  He half said it instead of singing it.  Beautiful voice.  RIP, sir!

(I don't know why #5 font is so small this time).

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

I found out today when my daughter posted a youTube of "My Condition" when he was with the First Edition. Hadn't thought of that song for years. His voice and delivery were great! Brought me back and the song has held up well.

RIP. He will be missed.

Honored Contributor

@candyagain. Kenny Roger's and the First Edition! There is a blast from the past, esp. My Condition which I haven't heard in about half a century!