Respected Contributor

Good Morning. I don't think anyone posted.  RIP

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

Re: Kenny Rogers Passed Away

What a career he had. Rest In Peace Kenny. Enjoyed your music and will always 🎶🎶

Esteemed Contributor

Never saw him in concert but did see him in Vegas shooting craps.

Honored Contributor

Great singer! Will miss him.

Valued Contributor

What a great voice!  Love so many of his songs, especially "Through the Years."  That song just moves me.  I also love his Chrismas song he did with Dolly Parton, "A Christmas to Remember."  Oh, and I can't forget that great Seinfeld episode where  Kramer gets blinded by the lights of the Kenny Rogers' chicken restaurant that opens up outside his apartment and at first protests it, but then quickly turns around and him and Newman becomes addicted to the chicken.  Such a funny episode!    RIP, Kenny.

Honored Contributor

I guess I had not heard much about him the last few years.. did not realize he had gotten so old. He was a great singer and I enjoyed him when he was in his hay day. People made fun of him when he got plastic surgery I remember and said a lot of hurtful things. 

Thank you Kenny for your music. RIP

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I guess I had not heard much about him the last few years.. did not realize he had gotten so old. He was a great singer and I enjoyed him when he was in his hay day. People made fun of him when he got plastic surgery I remember and said a lot of hurtful things. 

Thank you Kenny for your music. RIP

I agree with you, @SeaMaiden , re Kenny Rogers.  Just loved him.  Also wanted to tell you I like your new Joan Crawford avatar.  Liked the old one, too -- what prompted the change?  (Sorry if you've posted on this before -- if you did, I missed it.)

Honored Contributor

@vsm    Ahh... Thanks for the compliment... I am blushingWoman LOL

I just felt I needed a new hair do... some  hair color and a bit of makeup to make myself feel better... I think it knocked off 30 years on my face don't you think?Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@vsm    Ahh... Thanks for the compliment... I am blushingWoman LOL

I just felt I needed a new hair do... some  hair color and a bit of makeup to make myself feel better... I think it knocked off 30 years on my face don't you think?Smiley Happy

Definitely, @SeaMaiden !  And I'm glad you're keeping those eyebrows thinned and only lightly penciled.  Please don't take this the wrong way, but you did let things get a bit harsh looking as you aged...

Honored Contributor

Friends of ours asked us to go to a Kenny Rogers concert with them in 1980. We were very young and really didn't like Kennys music but went because our friends really wanted us to go.

Well we fell in love with him...his concert was fantastic, he was warm, funny, and his voice was like no other.

We were fans since that night.

RIP Kenny and thanks for giving us so much pleasure Through the Years.