Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Oh darn.  I didn't realize it was on and missed it.  No more airings, either.   That's the worst thing about stuff that airs on the networks.    

You can see on Youtube.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

I hate that I missed this.  Until my company goes away next week, my life is not my own. 

I had no idea Norman Lear was still with us.  I wonder what took so long to honor the man.   

Your life AND your TVs.

Honored Contributor

You can watch it on cbs.com, I did.  Norman Lear is 95.

Respected Contributor

Re: Kennedy Ctr Honors

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter

according to the trades(Variety),  ratings down 28% over last year - despite being up against re-runs.

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Is 6 million+ viewers a bad statistic?

Respected Contributor

ratings down because Stephen Colbert didn't host?

Honored Contributor

I'm watching the first 30 minutes that I missed last night.

I was pleased to see that the people selected to honor the honorees actually knew the honorees.  In the last few year, they had popular/current artists who didn't know the honorees.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Personally I think that the way these awards have become as much a platform  for viewpoints is perhaps why the viewership has dwindled.  It's a shame that some of the speakers can't keep it about the artists and their contributions to our nation.   It's sad when you know what is coming in a show that should be awarded and presented on neutral basis. 

Honored Contributor

This show heavily censors the broadcast.  If you look at reviews of years past, a specific example is Glenn Close honoring Barbra Streisand.  Her entire speech was cut from the broadcast other than the end.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I saw that Luke Bryan sang in the tribute to Lionel Richie and wondered how they came to be friendly, Luke is country and Lionel is funk and soul. I then saw a promo for American Idol and was reminded they are working together on the show.

Honored Contributor

And the look of relief on Luke's face when he finished said it all.  It's very hard to do someone else's song, especially when they are sitting right there.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN