Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@ms traditional@  wrote:

@deepwaterdotter

according to the trades(Variety),  ratings down 28% over last year - despite being up against re-runs.

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Is 6 million+ viewers a bad statistic?

This is a very misleading post.  Fake news.  All ratings are comparative and the numbers media buyers work off of are not usually the ones released to the public.  That said, these numbers tell the true story --

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-tuesday-dec-26-2017/

-- which, as you can see for yourself, is that the program easily won the time period beating the competition, the second-place program, by over two million viewers.

Ratings are down and will continue to go down across the board for broadcast as there are so many other platforms. 

But that doesn't change the fact that The Kennedy Center Honors handily won its time period and if I cared to do the math I'm sure I'd find every show in that block was down by double digits, that is the trend in all broadcast.

@LoriLoriinfo is from Variety -  so speak to them about "fake news" but perhaps you should check the reference out first -- ??    i would include link but there is mention of politics in it so i did not.  google is your friend.  

@ms traditional, the actual ratings which you apparently did not bother to look at in my link are my friend.  I don't need Google.  Among other things in my career in media, I was a broadcast media buyer. 

If you look at the data provided by my link you can see it won its time period by a lot and if you go through last year's numbers you will find the percentage of audience lost is consistent among all networks. 

I don't care what Variety says, people don't buy broadcast time based on articles in Variety they buy off the numbers and these were nice numbers.  Sometimes fake news is not lies but rather important omissions and that is the issue here.

It's done with the NFL too.  Mostly NFL numbers are up anyway.  But when they're down people point to them to make some kind of a point when again broadcast network gains and losses are pretty consistent across all types of programming due to network audience erosion from cable stations, Netflix, Prime, Hulu, etc. etc. etc.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@shopperqvcwrote:

My ideas as well. Keep politics out of it and people will watch. That is after taking awhile to learn that it's back to honoring the achievement, not political opinions.

@shopperqvc@Sooner@GSPgirl

First off as @VaBelle35 pointed out the show is censored. 

But more important this is the Kennedy Center.  It was conceived and built as a living memorial to John F. Kennedy.  Caroline Kennedy carries on for the family there and her children will after her.  This is about a family.  If it was the Bush Center would you have a problem?  I wouldn't.  

@LoriLori  Absolutely I would have a problem.  Not everything in this country should be about politics and people spouting their views and venom  It's about the arts.  KEEP IT THAT WAY.    If it is about politics, it should not be hiding it's message under the guise of an arts award. 

@Sooner, good for you for being consistent.  But I stil don't agree.  It's not hiding anything -- it's called the Kennedy Center, it is a tribute to John F. Kennedy, the family is involved, it is an intersection of arts and politics.  

Whoever is president gets to choose gets to invite artists, actors, sportspeople to the White House, sometimes to receives honors the president is able to give out.  Of course that's political.  It varies with the president.  I have no problem with that either as whoever is president rightfully gets to pick who s/he wants.

QVC Customer Care

This thread has been locked it is becoming arguementative