Re: Kennedy Ctr Honors tonight--8--cbs

[ Edited ]

I missed it too, I hope it's available on demand 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonlady wrote:
@Yes @ chickenbutt--he was the runner-up on American Idol. IMO he should've won. But he ended up being more successful than the winner, whose name I can't even remember lol.

@Moonlady, was that the season Kris Allen won? America may not have been ready for him back then, he wore nail polish and eye liner and was a glam rocker. Fast forward several years, times have changed, I think Adam would have a better shot at winning now, he'd have my vote!

Honored Contributor

@Helen852 wrote:

Super show last night.  The tribute to Philip Glass was beautiful. The poem at the end was just marvelous. 

Had to be one of the best in years.

Funny, Mr Glass is a Baltimoreon, like I am my entire life, and I had never heard of him before.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Moonlady wrote:
@Yes @ chickenbutt--he was the runner-up on American Idol. IMO he should've won. But he ended up being more successful than the winner, whose name I can't even remember lol.

@Moonlady, was that the season Kris Allen won? America may not have been ready for him back then, he wore nail polish and eye liner and was a glam rocker. Fast forward several years, times have changed, I think Adam would have a better shot at winning now, he'd have my vote!

@Jordan2 @Shelbelle Yes, this was the season Kris Allen won. Adam was the bigger talent imo- and his career since then is a testament. I've seen him live in solo shows, also 3 times as the lead singer for Queen. Love him- and he gets better all the time! During his stint on American Idol, he performed 'Believe' during the competition. It was beautfil then- but amazing now! Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I missed it too, I hope it's available on demand 

@Greeneyedlady21 I watched the show again On Demand last night!

Honored Contributor

Most likely it is also available on the CBS website.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonlady wrote:
Yes @ chickenbutt--he was the runner-up on American Idol. IMO he should've won. But he ended up being more successful than the winner, whose name I can't even remember lol.

Thank You for that info!   Since I don't watch AI, I wasn't familiar.  Too bad he didn't win, but he has done well for himself so I don't imagine he's spent a minute thinking about that.  Smiley Happy

For those who are so talented, the biggest part of that is probably just the exposure.   I would imagine agents watch stuff like that to find new talent.

I will have to look for some of his 'Queen' work, as I can imagine he was amazing with them.

Trusted Contributor

So many thanks to all of them for what they have given the world. 

Where would the arts be without them-

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Moonlady wrote:

Thank You for that info!   Since I don't watch AI, I wasn't familiar.  Too bad he didn't win, but he has done well for himself so I don't imagine he's spent a minute thinking about that.  Smiley Happy

For those who are so talented, the biggest part of that is probably just the exposure.   I would imagine agents watch stuff like that to find new talent.

I will have to look for some of his 'Queen' work, as I can imagine he was amazing with them.

@chickenbutt Adam IS currently with Queen- they announced a 2019 tour! I've ssen  Adam with Queen 3x, I may have to go again. Heart He even has a small cameo role in their bio pic 'Bohemian Rhapsody'.