Honored Contributor

Kennedy Center Honors On Tonight

This special is on tonight at 9:00 on channel 2. Being honored are George Lucas, Carol King, Rita Moreno, Cicely Tyson, and Seiko Ozawa. I always enjoy this special.

Respected Contributor

Re: Kennedy Center Honors On Tonight

It's probably my age - or maybe my level of interest in things like Star Wars, but there is no one on the list who interests me, so I won't be watching.

Honored Contributor

I'm a huge Rita Moreno fan, so hers was the name that jumped out at me first.  

Thanks for the heads up.  I don't know what this 'channel 2' is of which you speak, however, so I'll have to find out which network or channel it is on.

For us, channel 2 would be the SD version of CBS so I'll start there.  Smiley Happy  Our HD version of CBS is channel 782.   But every market has different channel numbers, with cable anyway.  

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I'm a huge Rita Moreno fan, so hers was the name that jumped out at me first.  

Thanks for the heads up.  I don't know what this 'channel 2' is of which you speak, however, so I'll have to find out which network or channel it is on.

For us, channel 2 would be the SD version of CBS so I'll start there.  Smiley Happy  Our HD version of CBS is channel 782.   But every market has different channel numbers, with cable anyway.  

I'm sorry, I mean CBS.

Trusted Contributor

I was looking forward to watching this year because the Eagles were going to be honored. Unfortunately because Glenn Frey has had health issues that will have to wait until next year. 

Honored Contributor

@akaburtonfan wrote:

I was looking forward to watching this year because the Eagles were going to be honored. Unfortunately because Glenn Frey has had health issues that will have to wait until next year. 

I didn't know this. Rita Moreno and Carol King tributes should be good. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks, Jordan!  Heart

My living room Tivo is totally booked during that time frame (Tuesdays are pretty huge right now) so I'm going to check the bedroom Tivo and record it there.   

If for no other reason, I don't want to miss Rita Moreno.  She is just such a treasure!  I've been a fan since 'West Side Story'.

Honored Contributor

Looks like a good show!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reminder, I had no clue it was tonight. Moreno, King, Tyson all worthy of the honor.

Trusted Contributor

It was a really good sho w - the tributes were especially good this year.  In some past years, there would be one tribute or another that would drag, but this year, they were all outstanding.   It was especially fun to see the excitement and enthusiasm of the recipients - they were like litte kids!  And that Cycily Tyson - wow - I hope I can look that good at age 90!  Beautiful skin - not a wrinkle - wonder what her skincare routine is.    But I wonder why the President wasn't there for the start. ?