Respected Contributor

Re: Ken Jennings On Jeopardy Tonight

@Winkk  I read Ken is going to be on for six weeks.

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@Winkk  I read Ken is going to be on for six weeks.

@VanSleepy Oh, glad to hear that. I enjoyed him, but I also liked him as a contestant, so that is probably why it is easy for me to continue to watch him.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

Jeopardy isn't the typical game show with a jolly American host.

Alex, being Canadian, lacked that "game show" persona which I found appropriate since the contestants are intelligent rather than overly excitable, zany.

That's  the reason I believe a somewhat reserved  Brit, one with wit would be perfect.

Respected Contributor

I cannot imagine how hard it must have been for Ken to do that first show.

He did better than I thought he would and, given time, would most likely become more comfortable and at ease.

He sure does get through the boards quickly.  There will probably be no answers left with him hosting.

I will be interested to see how others do in the role.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Valued Contributor

I have not been a fan of Ken's, but have to give credit where it is due.  I'm sure he has been putting in a lot of rehearsing and it paid off.  He didn't come off as cocky at all to me, was professional and his pronounciation was perfect.  Hard to warm up to him right now, but he has possibilities.  I think given time, he would do well.  Didn't think I would say this, but I hope he gets the job instead of other names I've read tossed about.

Trusted Contributor

I think he did just fine. He's not Alex and nobody can be. He did speak a little on the fast side, but I think that was due to nerves. Give him time to relax into the job. He does need to smile a little more, though, but I think that will come in time also.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought he did an OK job, adequate for his first hosting role. He will likely improve over time. It was clear he was nervous (who wouldn't be?) but he articulated the questions well. He needs to relax a bit with the contestants. Smile more. Alex Trebek will be impossible to replace so those of us who are Jeopardy fans will have to adjust.

Honored Contributor

First few minutes of yesterday's show and I was complaining about him.  But as the show progressed, I almost forgot it was someone new.  Every once in a while when a contestant gave an incorrect answer he oddly would say 'No'.  I can't even remember what Alex would say.

I also forgot to listen to how they introduced him.  Did Johnny say 'This is Jeopardy with Kennnn Jennings!'?

Alex was a little warbly in the beginning shows.  He wasn't as polished as he at the end of his time.

I watch him on old Concentration reruns and he's very giddy and not on top of his game.  He even mispronounces the names/makes of cars, iirc.

I guess I'm happy enough with Ken now, because I'm afraid I won't like who they end up giving the job to.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm. He introduces him as the "guest host, Ken Jennings"

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

I thought that Ken did a very good job on the show. He felt familiar, was personable, showed professionalism and he was humble. Alex would have been proud. The search should end  here.