Trusted Contributor

Re: Kelly Ripa Is Filming The Bahamas

@MalteseMomma I liked her in the beginning, remember when she was competing to become Regis' new partner.  She was so different back then and imo in time she became full of herself, it was an all about me thing and when Regis left so did I.

Esteemed Contributor

I was a big fan of Regis and Kathie Lee, I use to record the shows on my VCR. I did like Kelley when she first started the gig with Regis, I found her very amusing, but at some point I just became bored with the show and stopped recording. This was of course years ago, and I have no idea what she is like now. 

If I was still watching the show I really could care less where she was recording from. What difference does it make, or if she goes on vacation. It's her money and she can spend it the way she likes just the way I spend my money that I work for the way that I like. 

Esteemed Contributor

@chlema wrote:

@MalteseMomma I liked her in the beginning, remember when she was competing to become Regis' new partner.  She was so different back then and imo in time she became full of herself, it was an all about me thing and when Regis left so did I.

@chlema 

I agree with you.

I used to like her back then too,thats why I was wondering why I don't like her now .

It seems I can't get to the TV fast enough to change the channel............lol

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I don't know why anyone would care where she was filming from, or feel "duped."  Are they that invested in her whereabouts?  I absolutely can not watch her and change the channel the nanosecond she comes on, because I sometimes watch the show before hers.  She is extremely wealthy and can hide out wherever she wants.

I'm with you---can't watch her either!

Me too!  Can't stand her!!

Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I don't know why anyone would care where she was filming from, or feel "duped."  Are they that invested in her whereabouts?  I absolutely can not watch her and change the channel the nanosecond she comes on, because I sometimes watch the show before hers.  She is extremely wealthy and can hide out wherever she wants.

I'm With the both of you,  just can't tolerate her !   I stopped watching when Regis left, I used to watch Regis and Kathy Lee every morning till she left ,  but I did still watch till he left.    My best friend and I had tickets to the show when it was Regis and Katy Lee way back when Cody was just a baby and after the show she brought him out and the audience members took pictures and spoke to Regis and her,    I still have the photos with them and myself .   Kelly is just way  too full of herself  and I don't find her personable at all .

Respected Contributor

Not that it matters but never liked Kathie Lee either. She seemed as full of herself as KR.

Honored Contributor

I use to watch off and on.  When she picked Ryan Seacrest for her co host I quit watching.  I never knew he was even in the running for it.  It does seem strange that she did not disclose where she was.  Like other posters have said she talks about herself a lot so wouldn't it have been normal to say she was stuck in the Bahamas.  I know it does not really matter but how can you do a show for weeks and never mention you are stranded??? does not make sense.  There are people still stranded on cruise ships.  She could have done a segment on getting stuck someplace during the virus.  I would have watched that show.

Honored Contributor

@Helen852 wrote:

Regardless where she is, she has been quarantined with her family. Her in-laws and parents were to join them but everything shut down and they could not travel.

What about all the US Citizens that are stranded on the cruise ships right now. I saw an article the other day where a couple who works on the cruise line have been on since March; they are not allowed to disembark and they are US Citizens.  They worked as cruise bookers and haven't received a paycheck since quarantine started.  Plus the entertainers on the cruise ships.  

Everything is being criticized these days; even the background and wall colors of people broadcasting from home.  Meghan McCain was criticized for having yellow walls and an American Flag displayed; Wendy Williams for having a black Betty Boop. 

She's following the guidelines. Whether you like her or not.  Move on ... we need to get through this.  

I like the View's background almost looks like they are at the studio.  I didn't know why they changed it.  I had no idea people were complaining about backgrounds lol.  I like Megan's yellow walls, everyone else thinks bright white is the only color.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I use to watch off and on.  When she picked Ryan Seacrest for her co host I quit watching.  I never knew he was even in the running for it.  It does seem strange that she did not disclose where she was.  Like other posters have said she talks about herself a lot so wouldn't it have been normal to say she was stuck in the Bahamas.  I know it does not really matter but how can you do a show for weeks and never mention you are stranded??? does not make sense.  There are people still stranded on cruise ships.  She could have done a segment on getting stuck someplace during the virus.  I would have watched that show.

I think she did what many wealthy people did and got as far away from nyc as possible with covid19 hanging around.  There was a lot of backlash because of that; many were attacked who went to the Hamptons.  I don’t believe this was a vacation, rather, it was an escape, IMO.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I think she did what many wealthy people did and got as far away from nyc as possible with covid19 hanging around.  There was a lot of backlash because of that; many were attacked who went to the Hamptons.  I don’t believe this was a vacation, rather, it was an escape, IMO.

Maybe that is why she didn't mention it.  I wonder how long they have been there.  I also wonder if she will mention it on her show