Valued Contributor

Re: Kelly Ripa Is Filming The Bahamas

I don't like her because she is so self absorbed. Didn't like the way she would put Regis down. Haven't watched her since Regis left.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Regardless where she is, she has been quarantined with her family. Her in-laws and parents were to join them but everything shut down and they could not travel.

What about all the US Citizens that are stranded on the cruise ships right now. I saw an article the other day where a couple who works on the cruise line have been on since March; they are not allowed to disembark and they are US Citizens.  They worked as cruise bookers and haven't received a paycheck since quarantine started.  Plus the entertainers on the cruise ships.  

Everything is being criticized these days; even the background and wall colors of people broadcasting from home.  Meghan McCain was criticized for having yellow walls and an American Flag displayed; Wendy Williams for having a black Betty Boop. 

She's following the guidelines. Whether you like her or not.  Move on ... we need to get through this.  

Helen852
Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox go to yahoo (dot) com (slash) entertainment. we are unable to post links on this forum, or else I'd post the hyperlink

The Live With Kelly and Ryan co-host revealed her whereabouts during a virtual town hall for Disney employees, called a “Speakeasy” series, on Thursday. In the chat, moderated by WABC-TV’s Sandy Kenyon, she revealed that she and husband traveled there in March with their three kids, and that the coronavirus pandemic led to them sheltering in place.

Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox go to yahoo (dot) com (slash) entertainment. we are unable to post links on this forum, or else I'd post the hyperlink

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

That's interesting.  Even if she didn't want to broadcast from home - with so many distractions including family - she could have gone to their house in the Hamptons (presuming they have one - ha) rather than travelling all the way to the Bahamas.

Where you got the idea that she didn't want to broadcast from home so went to the Bahamas is bizarre!!  Please reread posts effectively - especially the one I posted right before your post!!  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

I'm wondering why some of us,me included, don't like her................

It just seems that everything has to be about her.  She shares everything going on in her life, and thinks it is cute or funny or relateable.  I am sure she has shared stories about her husband and kids that they would rather not be shared.  And when she is interviewing people, she still seems to make it about her to soak up the attention.  I am sure there is more I can comment on, but it has been soooooo long since I gave her a second of my time that this is all I can come up with.  I am not a huge fan of Ryan Seacrest, but still like him way better than her.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I neither like nor dislike her.  I just don't watch morning TV.

From the links provided it appears she was stranded there and is working remotely.  Can't fault her for that.

I could never stand Regis and his false humility.  HE is the one who is/was self absorbed.

Honored Contributor

I don't know, the fact that she didn't say anything from the get go makes me think she was hiding the fact she was in the Bahamas. No wonder she has complained about her roots, maybe hair coloring sprays aren't readily available there? I'm surprised that she hasn't had trouble doing the show live from the Bahamas.

Trusted Contributor

I have been trying to watch the show, but it is just so boring. Who cares about which shampoo she uses or what the texture of Ryan's hair is? I stopped watching, but I guess i also thought she was home. I am surprised she didn't say otherwise because she shares - and overshares - EVERYTHING!

Honored Contributor

I never watch but they are on right after good morning america.  So i get a glimpse I think everyone assumed she was in new york