Trusted Contributor

Yes it is beyond sad.  What is also sad is that another thread on the same subject has been closed down and I'm thinking the reason is that there were too many negative and argumentive comments.  I can't believe people sometimes.

Respected Contributor

How sad... While the survivor percentage has dramatically increased, breast cancer can still be deadly. I'm so sorry for the loss.  Be so thankful for everyday you are healthy- 

Honored Contributor

@Not necessary wrote:

I believe the actress was Diana Hyland from Eight is Enough that was his first love that sucumbed to breast cancer. Also, his mom passed away from breast cancer as well.

May they alll rest in peace.

Wow and then also losing his Son....too much🙁

Honored Contributor

I saw another thread on Kelly closed for arguementative posters.   What could Kelly dying cause people to argue?  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I saw another thread on Kelly closed for arguementative posters.   What could Kelly dying cause people to argue?  

@Tinkrbl44 , someone decided to destroy the thread with allegations towards her husband. No respect and it was shut down. 

Respected Contributor

I saw only the beginning of the first thread and didn't post on it because I'm not very familiar with Kelly Preston's life, only as in her marriage and family loss and religious choice.  That said, people cannot come into a thread like this and say what they think.  They have to say mostly nice things or try to be neutral.

I do have some recollection that she was ill from way back.  I don't think it was kept entirely secret but was hushed up early on.  I may be wrong.  I'm glad it was handled the way she wanted and her family strongly believes she lives on as a thetan in another human life which surely gives them a lot of comfort in their own loss.  This is how religion helps heal suffering.  I'd read that Kelly had a lot of work done through the church when she'd lost her son to help her with this.  The family has a strong support system.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kelly Preston RIP

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

@deeW wrote:

Would she have been seeking medical treatment as a Christian Scientist?  Or going into a hospital at the end to ease her pain and suffering?   Such a shame to die so young.  I also loved her in "What a Girl Wants".

I believe she was a Scientologist not a Christian Scientist.

@faeriemoon  Yes, Scientology. They don't believe in traditional medicine. Jet should have been on anti seizure medication, John & Kelly confirmed he wasn't. I hope they learned from that  heartbreak.

This was incredibly sad news. Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@deeW wrote:

Would she have been seeking medical treatment as a Christian Scientist?  Or going into a hospital at the end to ease her pain and suffering?   Such a shame to die so young.  I also loved her in "What a Girl Wants".

@faeriemoon  Yes, Scientology. They don't believe in traditional medicine. Jet should have been on anti seizure medication, John & Kelly confirmed he wasn't. I hope they learned from that  heartbreak.

@Ibby114   Jet was on anti seizure medication for a few years.  https://www.tmz.com/2009/01/05/john-travoltas-son-meds-ultimately-did-harm/#:~:text=There%20have%20b....

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@deeW wrote:

@Ibby114   Jet was on anti seizure medication for a few years.  https://www.tmz.com/2009/01/05/john-travoltas-son-meds-ultimately-did-harm/#:~:text=There%20have%20b....

@mousiegirl Anti seizure meds need to be regulated and re assessed every year- the reason they're categorized as 'controlled' medications. If he was getting older the dose would need to be adjusted  (assuming taller, higher weight, etc)- a certain percentage of meds needs to be present in the bloodstream for it to be effective. Just taking a patient off the meds can be a seizure trigger- a person needs to be weaned off it slowly. Yes, I deal with this personally (my daughter) - she was on depakote for years but when she got older they changed meds because of depakote's possible long term fertility issues. She had to wean off depakote slowly (different doses each am and pm- for months!) - and reintroduce the new med just as slowly. 

Sorry for going on so long..... Woman Frustrated