Esteemed Contributor

Just announced: Kelly Preston passed from breast cancer at 57.

Honored Contributor

This is so shocking. She wanted privacy, and managed it even with the all-knowing Hollywood press. They had a true love story with tragedy and triumph. I remember when they married. I know John was devastated when his first love died, and selfishly I always wanted him with Olivia. Kelly seemed to come out of nowhere. But she gave him a good life and her legacy will live on in her two surviving children. Now she will be with her sweet Jett. So sad.

Esteemed Contributor

I was deeply saddened when I read that Kelly Preston had passed away due to breast cancer.  She was loved by many and will be missed terribly by her loving family.  Rest in Peace Kelly.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Heart breaking tragedy.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

So sad. I never knew she was fighting breast cancer. Too young to die. They made such a beautiful couple. 

Respected Contributor

So shocked to hear this news.  Another tragedy for their family.  She was a beautiful woman.  RIP, Kelly.  

Valued Contributor

I don't trust everything I read on yahoo news and so when I read this I thought no way but I see that it is unfortunately true.  So sad and tragic.  

Honored Contributor

Kelly Preston's quiet battle with breast cancer has ended -- the actress died Sunday ... according to a family rep.

The rep said John Travolta's wife of nearly 29 years was diagnosed with cancer about 2 years ago, but chose not to reveal that to the public. The rep told People,

"Choosing to keep her fight private, she had been undergoing medical treatment for some time, supported by her closest family and friends."

Kelly and John met in 1987 on the set of the film, "The Experts" and eventually got married in 1991. Her last film was "Gotti" in 2018 ... when John played the mob boss and she played his wife, Victoria Gotti.

John and Kelly had 3 kids together ... Jett, Ella Blue and Benjamin. Jett, who was autistic, died in 2009 after suffering a seizure.

The family rep added, "She was a bright, beautiful and loving soul who cared deeply about others and who brought life to everything she touched."

Kelly was 57.

RIP

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
New Contributor

I believe the actress was Diana Hyland from Eight is Enough that was his first love that sucumbed to breast cancer. Also, his mom passed away from breast cancer as well.

May they alll rest in peace.

Respected Contributor

How sad and heartbreaking. I was reading about that a few minutes ago online and also read this

John Travolta has suffered so many tragic losses of people who passed early in heir lives. His girlfriend actress Diana Hyland died when she was 41, from breast cancer (although he was only 23 at the time, he was deeply in love and it took him a long time to get over the tragedy); his son Jett died suddenly at age 16, from a seizure while they were on a family vacation; his close friend Princess Diana died at age 36, in a car crash; and now his beloved Kelly losing her battle with breast cancer at age 57. He has a reputation as one of the nicest guys in the industry