Honored Contributor

So very sad.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kelly Preston RIP

[ Edited ]

This reminded me of my hair stylist who at 54 years old died of breast cancer in December, 2019. I was shocked that she suddenly was diagnosed with 4th stage cancer without the other stages, AND that it had metastasized to her bones. I wonder if that is what happened with Kelly Preston. Breast cancer should be treatable, but sometimes it isn't. Sometimes the more we know, the less we know about this horrible disease. John Travolta has had a lot of tragedy in his life.

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman  Sometimes it gets ignored.  I knew a woman who I guess suspected but didn't want to get checked.  She lived with her mother and didn't want to think about (being sick, dying, and) leaving her alone.  Total denial.  She finally got a symptom she couldn't ignore and then it was too late.  She did die and her mother was left alone. 

Kelly Preston...can only shake my head.  So very sad.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

This is shocking as I didn't know she had cancer.  This is the second time John has had to see a woman he loved pass.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

This is shocking as I didn't know she had cancer.  This is the second time John has had to see a woman he loved pass.

@mousiegirl  He lost a son as well.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl  He lost a son as well.

@colliemom4   I said "woman," and of course I know about his son.

Frequent Contributor

Would she have been seeking medical treatment as a Christian Scientist?  Or going into a hospital at the end to ease her pain and suffering?   Such a shame to die so young.  I also loved her in "What a Girl Wants".

Honored Contributor

@deeW wrote:

Would she have been seeking medical treatment as a Christian Scientist?  Or going into a hospital at the end to ease her pain and suffering?   Such a shame to die so young.  I also loved her in "What a Girl Wants".

@deeW  I read she was seeking treatment at MD Anderson hospital in Houston.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@deeW wrote:

I believe she was a Scientologist not a Christian Scientist.

Respected Contributor

John Travolta in his initial announcement thanked the medical staff of MD Anderson.  Clearly she was being treated by the best.