Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:
  • I'm not going to feel bad for Steve Harvey, he has a lot still going on ( Family Feud, Celebrity Family Feud, hosting a beauty pageant, a morning radio show, and a Publishers Clearing House commercial). I think financially he'll be fine.

Harvey mentioned he is a work aholic.... next he will be doing pharmaceutical ads on TV.... I am surprised he  would  do a PCH commercial.... LOL!    I would not believe a thing he put his name on after that.

Super Contributor

I turned it off after 10 minutes and that was too long LOL!

Trusted Contributor

Only watched about 5 minutes,off it went.

Respected Contributor

Re: Kelly Clarkson

[ Edited ]

Watching it for the first time today.  Jay Leno is her guest.  I think she is very good.  Really a natural. Jay is so funny and being very supportive.  And boy that ring of Kelly's!!

Respected Contributor

Watched the whole show, an hour.  A rarity for me.  If she keeps the same quality, variety of guests she has a hit.  I like that she used the old Tonight Show format where all of the guests stay on the couch,  

Esteemed Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I either read or heard that Kelly Clarkson was replacing Steve Harvey in his talk show timeslot.  He was not happy about that.

Also, Steve Harvey is no longer the host for that kids show where the talented kids would perform and he'd interview them on the couch.  He is still hosting Family Feud.

I prefer Steve Harvey to Kelly Clarkson, and I don't think her show will last but a season.

I didn't see Kelly's show, but Steve Harvey? Yuck. I find him extremely annoying and arrogant. Different strokes for different folks.

Honored Contributor

Her show is up against Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz where I live. I tried watching it, but, there is something irritating about her personality....really loud, pushy and interrupting her guests constantly.  I do not think her show will survive.

Esteemed Contributor

Ratings for Kelly's show have been the highest for any new syndicated show since 2012.

Her show is created and produced by NBC Universal Television and is on most of their owned and operated stations, as a lead in to Ellen.

Given that level of corporate support, commitment and backing, she will be around for years and years, if she wants.

(Oh, Tamron's ratings were also historically strong for a new syndicated talk show, second only to Kelly's.)

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Ratings for Kelly's show have been the highest for any new syndicated show since 2012.

Her show is created and produced by NBC Universal Television and is on most of their owned and operated stations, as a lead in to Ellen.

Given that level of corporate support, commitment and backing, she will be around for years and years, if she wants.

(Oh, Tamron's ratings were also historically strong for a new syndicated talk show, second only to Kelly's.)

Also she is listed as Executive Producer in the credits.  

Respected Contributor

I hope she succeeds. To me, talk shows are hard to pull off.