Trusted Contributor

Re: Katrina’s Debut ……

@geezerette   OK,  Thanks so much for that info...I'll DVR his show tmrw and hope she's on.  Does she do a segment on a particular topic or does she do commentary??

Esteemed Contributor

People need to get a life if a shopping host leaves for a political channel. You weren't betrayed if you bought what she was selling.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife The standard anchor look for some news/entertainment shows has been a blonde woman who is or looks European.  The efforts to integrate media, especially visual media have resulted in women of all races or ethnicites to appaear on television.  That push has led to more redheads, brunettes, and a few grey heads along with men and women that fit most of the racial/ethnic categories on the US census.  Some stations, typically center or right of center seem to prefer White women with blonde hair that are forty years old or less.  There are exceptions.  Perhaps you may remember the kerfluffle about dark-haired journalists such as Linda Ellerbee and women of color such as Carol Simpson or Connie Chung.

Trusted Contributor

@banned again I would think that some of her views would be much broader given the diversity found in the fashion world.  Her new assignment does raise my eyebrows; it's not a channel that I would watch; but then, my reading and viewing habits for information would cause some to respond with negative reactions.

Trusted Contributor

@Bok She is  formere QVC host with some followers that enjoyed her sense of style and show, The Szish List.  She was usually at 11EST or later.  She is a tall, modelesque blonde, often a severe blunt bob hairstyle, who brought flair that reflected her previous jobs as an editor at Vogue, commentator on tv, and so on. Viewers either liked her or not; there didn't seem much middle ground.

Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife The standard anchor look for some news/entertainment shows has been a blonde woman who is or looks European American.  The efforts to integrate media, especially visual media have resulted in women of all races or ethnicites appearing on television.  That push has led to more redheads, brunettes, and a few grey heads along with men and women that fit most of the racial/ethnic categories on the US census.  Some stations, typically center or right of center seem to prefer White women with blonde hair that are forty years old or less.  There are exceptions.  Perhaps you may remember the kerfluffle about dark-haired journalists such as Linda Ellerbee and women of color such as Carol Simpson or Connie Chung.

Valued Contributor

That's great news, I did not have the TV on this afternoon and missed it but I will be certain to be seeing her soon on Newsmax!

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Respectfully, I now understand better what you asked.  So that I don't get into difficult waters, I still have to remain vague on my observation if it is a puzzling one for you. 

I'm an observer by nature and translate my observations into thoughts.  It makes sense that some of my observations would be alien to you and others or that they would not be accepted.  

Everyone does this @golding76 .  Sometimes we speak our thoughts and they are wrong.....It's ok though.  It's HUMAN.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@banned again wrote:

I'm not interested in fake news. 

I always love seeing people come to their senses and ignore MSM (cnn, cbs, nbc, abc).

If you're thinking that this channel you may have just discovered isn't mainstream then you'd be wrong @ThinkingOutLoud .  If it has advertisers, it's mainstream.

Esteemed Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I have no idea who she is but if she moved from Fox to Newsmax,that would be a demotion. Fox has ratings far above Newsmax.

Wouldn't this depend on her negotiated salary?  I think so.  Maybe not the "reach" but the coins speak louder than words @chessylady .  You can't conclude it's a demotion just based on that alone.