Trusted Contributor

Re: Kathy Lee just announced...

[ Edited ]

Ever since Hoda was hired for the Today Show, it seems kind of odd that she switches gears for the less serious venue of the Hoda and Kathie Lee Show.  Before that, I did watch it on dvr but no longer have the same interest.  KLG was doing a tribute to her late husband and there was talking on the set and she angrily told them to be silent and have respect in not so many words during her broadcast.  It was a turnoff.  You couldn't really hear the background conversations on the set although it must have been distracting for her, still, she was pretty rude about it.  Her husband was a jock not the president of the U.S.  

Frequent Contributor

A.M. TV needs Kathy Lee to retire and update program with a host who is current.

Frequent Contributor

I am in agreement .  KATHY lEE HAS BEEN ON THE TODAY SHOW TOO LONG.  TODAY NEEDS A FRESH VOICE AND PESONALITY.   SHE CAN HAPPYALY DIRECT A FILM. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I never get to see her, we dont get the last hour of Today here, we get Kelly and Ryan instead on our local NBC station. .

Same here, @Shelbelle, so the last hour of the Today show comes on at two a.m. here (the previous morning's show).

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

probably time to retire. I don't even know what comes on early morning TV

I watch GMA for the world news then tv is off to begin house work and errands.

I saw on the tabloids where the new show with Michael Straham already got cancelled. Need new line up seems.

@SharkE- I see nothing about GMA Day being cancelled. 

Didn't say anything about GMA being cancelled was talking about the new show that MIchael Straham and the blonde gal started that comes on later on think at 10. Saw it on cover of a tabloid at Walmart.

Respected Contributor

@Tinker Toy.. Is there any reason why you appear to be screaming in all caps? I think Kathy Lee decided to leave on her own. She got very creative again after Frank died and directed a movie and wrote songs and unfortunately, probably just got bored w/ the show..
Jenna’s ok -but she isn’t Kathy Lee. Jenna’s been on a lot in Kathy’s absense . This should be interesting. I can’t see Hoda sticking around. Hoda and Kathy Lee loved each other !!
Trusted Contributor

Jenna is not an entertainer like Kathy Lee.  While she's very pleasant and blends well with others, I too can't see that show lasting very long and think Hoda will quickly get bored.  

Respected Contributor

@puttypiesmom..well said-I totally agree w/ u. I’ve been a long time Kathy Lee fan. I get people don’t care for KL-and Jenna is a lovely, smart woman, but does not have the all around gravitas Kathy Lee does.
Esteemed Contributor

Gravitas and Kathie Lee Gifford are not two things I would ever think of putting together.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

As a replacement I would bet on Jenna Bush Hager or Sheinelle Jones who does Weekend Today.  or Lisa Robertson.

Lisa Robertson?  LOL