Respected Contributor

@fordtruck wrote:

What is there that is likeable about Kathy Griffin?  For the record, she's been wearing wigs for years as her own hair is not perfect like her lovely wigs are. If she's not now, she's a) showing solidarity for her deceased sis and b) looking for brownie points any way she can get them, to win back her fan base. Good luck with that Kathy. 

"For the record?"  Wow.  Maybe she does wear wigs for some of her appearances, but who cares?  The original point I was making in my reply to the OP of this thread, who had also stated Kathy wore wigs, was why not mention the reason Kathy had shaved her head (which was in support of her sister who was diagnosed and passed away from cancer)?  Her post, as written, makes it seem Kathy shaved her head "just because," and not for the loving and supportive gesture it actually was.  The OP also commented on "bad lighting," and pointed out how unattractive she thought Kathy looked.  Comment on her actions - fine - but to comment negatively on physical appearance, yet not be forthcoming about the actual reason she shaved her head is low.

For the record, I don't really feel sorry for Kathy and her political "stunt,' but I do have empathy for her.  I also think it was a beautiful and supportive gesture what she did for her sister. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Kathy Griffin---YIKES

[ Edited ]

@I like celery wrote:

@fordtruck wrote:

What is there that is likeable about Kathy Griffin?  For the record, she's been wearing wigs for years as her own hair is not perfect like her lovely wigs are. If she's not now, she's a) showing solidarity for her deceased sis and b) looking for brownie points any way she can get them, to win back her fan base. Good luck with that Kathy. 

"For the record?"  Wow.  Maybe she does wear wigs for some of her appearances, but who cares?  The original point I was making in my reply to the OP of this thread, who had also stated Kathy wore wigs, was why not mention the reason Kathy had shaved her head (which was in support of her sister who was diagnosed and passed away from cancer)?  Her post, as written, makes it seem Kathy shaved her head "just because," and not for the loving and supportive gesture it actually was.  The OP also commented on "bad lighting," and pointed out how unattractive she thought Kathy looked.  Comment on her actions - fine - but to comment negatively on physical appearance, yet not be forthcoming about the actual reason she shaved her head is low.

For the record, I don't really feel sorry for Kathy and her political "stunt,' but I do have empathy for her.  I also think it was a beautiful and supportive gesture what she did for her sister. 

@I like celeryI couldn't care less if she wears a wig, someone else stated that she doesn't.  I've been to her shows and yes she wears them. As to her support for her sister, had it not occurred at the same time she was desperately trying to do damage control for her image I would agree with you but now everything she does seems like it's designed to fix her image that she and she alone ruined.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Kathy Griffin---YIKES

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

love her !!

I do as well. She has raised more actual $$$ for wounded vets than a lot of so called do gooders. Apparently some people can get away with saying things i.e. Ted Nugent among others. 

Thank you, she is a good person, and those celebrity snowflakes need to get over themselves !!

Her stunt ruined her reputation and rightfully so and this was opinion from around the world.  No one ever did that to anyone else. Now, if she ran into a burning building and saved babies then yes, my opinion of her would be favorable.  

Respected Contributor

@puttypiesmom  It was me who posted Kathy doesn't wear wigs, as a reply to the OP''s post which failed to mention the reason for Kathy shaving her head.  In my post to you, I explained the reason for my comment to the OP, so I won't repeat myself.  I still think the intent of this thread -- i.e. to be so unkind about someone's physical appearance -- is low. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Trusted Contributor

@I like celeryI saw Kathy's latest heavily photoshopped picture of herself with a pink dye job and it looks like she's trying to emulate Amber Rose, a truly beautiful woman though I'm not a fan of that type of do. 

Valued Contributor

I've never been a fan, especially after seeing cuts of her New Year's Eve show on CNN.  Poor Anderson Cooper!  She embarrassed him repeatedly.  I figured after a while she'd get back to work after the big controversy.  I don't think that's happened because she just can't keep her mouth shut.  She should have just shut up after her somewhat insincere apology.  Instead, she took that back and then began attacking Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen, who were allies or at least not against her.  Cooper can't help her if CNN decides to fire her, so why attack him?  She should just keep quiet and see if things blow over.  Creating more controversy just makes everything worse.  It's an odd strategy, or maybe she's just venting publicly, which is not sensible.

Respected Contributor

@fordtruck wrote:

@I like celeryI saw Kathy's latest heavily photoshopped picture of herself with a pink dye job and it looks like she's trying to emulate Amber Rose, a truly beautiful woman though I'm not a fan of that type of do. 

@puttypiesmom  I agree that Amber Rose is truly beautiful.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

I remember when AC had his daytime talk show & he had his mom on & she said Kathy Griffin was like the daughter she never had or something.  I wonder if Gloria Vanderbilt is still such good friends with her since KG & Anderson aren't "buddies" anymore? 

I remember AC showing a videotape that KG had sent him of herself skinnydipping in the pool at his home in the country when he let her stay there, she seemed to delight in embarassing Anderson.

Occasional Contributor

I think a lot of comedians are actually depressive types with a self destructive leaning - think Jonathan Winters, Robert Williams, Andy Kaufman.

I have serious concerns about Kathy Griffin  - I feel she is a potential suicide and watching her come off the rails is painful.

She had a serious lapse of judgment with that Trump stunt, but I somehow feel like its all part of a self destructive pattern in her life.

Honored Contributor

I have never cared for her humor.