Honored Contributor

Re: Kanye West on TMZ 1 May 2018

If racism is a thing of the past, why did Candace Owens and her family sue the Stamford Board of Education, and win, over racist threats and comments?
Esteemed Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
If racism is a thing of the past, why did Candace Owens and her family sue the Stamford Board of Education, and win, over racist threats and comments?

While you're at it, let's talk about the black men in Starbucks being profiled and asked to leave and subsequently arrested.  We've come a long way, but given the tone of this country now, apparently not far enough.

Esteemed Contributor

@polar wrote:

He made total sense to me  Many times those that don't understand have to label others as sick.  So sad.

i never said he was sick. i just think his slavery comment is way off base, AND I personally am not impressed with him at all, musically, fashionwise, or integrity wise. I'll say something positive, though, about him: he's got really cute kids.

Honored Contributor

Speaking as someone who grew up with Bi-polar and having intimate knowledge of someone (my daughter) who is Bi-polar and having a sister who is Bi-polar I will tell you, in my opinion that is what a manic episode (in my humble opinion) looks like!

What I meant is that, I believe, his intentions are good.  However, (again, my opinion, don't know him at all, only what I (like everyone here) have read and I believe he might have admitted to, due to his manic episodes, he couldn't stay focused and deliver his message in an understandable way.  (Phew!  That was quite a sentence.  Gave new meaning to the word 'run-on'). 

Having seen something like he showed (I watched the entire TMZ show with him 2 times (had it on DVR) all of my life, it sure looked to me like the public was able to see what one looks like.

Instead, the media decided to pick certain phrases or words (or what THEY) decided would sell the most .....and be the most controversial...and run with it.

Hence, his message was lost.  Think about it.  How often does a person of his stance in the popular hip-hop, world dare come out even showing any semblance of 'let's work together' and 'maybe we should listen to BOTH sides'?

I call it 'food for thought'.  

Honored Contributor

His clothing was horrendous. I don't know who would have bought such ugly cwap....just hideous. He stuck that poor little North ,in one of his fur coats ,and it was hideous. When you think how cute she is ,to dress her like that , yuck...they should look at the Windsor kids for some tips

Can't stand Kim either,  all she is famous for is her big rear, and wearing as little as she can get away with

Esteemed Contributor

One good thing coming from this is Candance Owens. I have been following her for awhile but she is getting exposure like never before. You can’t call her bi polar just because you don’t agree with her like they do Kanye. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Out of curiosity, can someone tell me why Candace Owens is such a good thing?  And for whom is she good?  Who do you think her audience is when she's talking on Fox News?  They seem very happy with her.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I appreciate your post Annabelle, and respect your comments about mental illness, but I don't agree with you that this is a fabrication of the media. This was Kanye, doing what Kanye does, and not even bothering to think of who he would hurt with his current rambling.

It's a never ending pattern for him. Look at what he said about GB after Katrina. "GB doesn't care about black people," and saying GB was a racist. How about that AIDS is a man made disease placed in Africa by the government just like crack was placed in the Black community to break up the Black Panthers. Those are just a couple of the  many ignorant things he's said, and now he thinks he can just utter a "sorry" and it's all forgotten. Apologies are nice, but it doesn't take away the years of hurt he causes to those he targets.

As far as his message, I'm still missing the grand epiphany, especially if it's simply that we should work together. To me, that's hardly ground breaking material--though for someone like Kanye who's repeatedly been an instigator of divisiveness--perhaps it is. For most of us it's something we've grown up with all our lives and what we teach our children. It's not a new revelation whatsoever.

And let's not blame this on the media. You can be sure that the attention, and the choosing of what gets his name out there, is exactly what he's looking for. The album is called Love Everybody and drops the first week of June. THAT is the message he's looking to deliver.

You're welcome Ye, and give my regards to the universe. Smiley Wink

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Out of curiosity, can someone tell me why Candace Owens is such a good thing?  And for whom is she good?  Who do you think her audience is when she's talking on Fox News?  They seem very happy with her.

They must have missed her miserable performance on TMZ.