Trusted Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I was flipping channels and listened for a couple of minutes.  The channel was quickly changed.

Ellen looked quite uncomfortable as well.

Her discomfort made me uncomfortable!

Super Contributor

Re: Kanye West on Ellen

[ Edited ]

Kanye spoke from his heart and from his head.  He spoke to Ellen about what is wrong with the world, what the world needs, what he wants to do for the world, his vision for the world, fashion sense guru, bullying, and people's misconception about Kanye, and the paparazzi.  He's running for president someday. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@oceanbreezy wrote:

Kanye spoke from his heart and from his head.  He spoke to Ellen about what is wrong with the world, what the world needs, what he wants to do for the world, his vision for the world, fashion sense guru, bullying, and people's misconception about Kanye, and the paparazzi.  He's running for president someday. 

@oceanbreezy

Yeah, right.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Ellen had him as a guest.  No sympathy for her from me for her.   She asked for it.

@Sooner

She knew what she was getting, and when he went off like that, she let him go. 

I think she wanted people to see him as he is.

Honored Contributor

@MathisFan wrote:

I don't understand why she would have him or any of the Kardashians as guests. 

As Sooner said, I don't feel sorry for her. She chose to have him on her show.

@MathisFan

Why should anyone feel sorry for her, she got exactly what she wanted.  Pretty sure she wanted people to know what he was like.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought he was having a psychotic split....the look on Ellen's face was priceless.

That's what happens when you give a narcissist the stage and turn him loose on the public!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@oceanbreezy wrote:

You must be seeing some other interview,cause he was just plain strange.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

I love Kanye.

Love his passion. 

Like he said, "that's the point."

The World has been filled with visionaries for millinea.

They see Life through different eyes which many don't understand.

He's ALWAYS been this way...he just sees life differently.

Either you get it or you don't.  

Love his passion. 

He may have great ideas and be a visionary, but his speech was a jumbled word salad.  That's a problem.

word sal·ad
noun
noun: word salad
  1. a confused or unintelligible mixture of seemingly random words and phrases.
Respected Contributor

@oceanbreezy wrote:

I saw it. You must have been on a different channel than me.......I clearly got a COMPLETELY different message than you did.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

i had a different take on the interview.  He is strange in general and he does dart from one thought to another.  But this time i got him.  He seemed sincere, and i thought his comments about wanting to pair with Payless to make affordable clothes for kids to prevent bullying was genuine. 

The majority of what I have seen was pretty much incoherent to me but I did like his reaching out to Payless so that those that can't pay $1,000 for a pair of sneakers can have a version of them in this label obsessed society we live in.

I think anything even remotely  connected with the Kardashians is usually carefully calculated trash but that was one moment that I thought was rather cool.