Esteemed Contributor

Kanye West Owes Loads of $$$

Kanye West Owes $400K In Unpaid Fashion Rental Fees, Lawsuit Claims

A high-end fashion rental service says that Ye never returned more than a dozen "esteemed" items and has steadfastly refused to pay for them.

West is facing a lawsuit from a high-end fashion rental service that claims he owes hundreds of thousands of dollars in unpaid fees and has entirely failed to return more than a dozen “rare, esteemed pieces.”

In a complaint filed Tuesday in Los Angeles court, the David Casavant Archive – which bills itself as a “private collection of the world’s rarest and most coveted garments” – said that Kanye had simply stopped paying rental fees in late 2020 for 13 different items in his possession.

The Casavant Archive, which claims that it also rents to Lady Gaga, Kim Kardashian, Tom Brady and others, says those unpaid fees now total $221,810 – and that Kanye must pay an additional $195,100 to replace the items if they are fully lost.

“The items are all rare, esteemed pieces valued for their scarcity and importance in fashion history,” lawyers for the company wrote. “They are not fungible commodities. The replacement fees reflect the loss of future rentals, loan opportunities, publicity, and the lost value to the Archive as a whole, as each lost item is part of a greater collection that derives its value from its completeness.”

Kanye West Owes $400K In Unpaid Fashion Rental Fees: Lawsuit – Billboard

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Re: Kanye West Owes Loads of $$$

Since he seems to be delusional most of the time he probably believes he doesn't have to pay for them, whether they be rentals or purchases.

Honored Contributor

Have to sell some of that gold

Respected Contributor

400,000 is a drop in the bucket for Kanye. I doubt he is losing sleep over this situation.
Esteemed Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
400,000 is a drop in the bucket for Kanye. I doubt he is losing sleep over this situation.

His cavalier attitude about it isn't doing him any good @lgfan .  Maybe he has to sell something (of his combined net worth) to come up with the $400,000 to pay off his bills.  Why wait to get sued?  That's dumb if you ask me.  Maybe all of that $$$ he had to spend to on that divorce is setting him back.  I don't know for sure.  It just makes him look bad.  Big shot who can't pay his bills.  Ha!

Net worths don't equal liquidity.  It just speaks to the assets you have the can be taken with ALL of your holdings including any cash on hand to determine how much $$$ you "potentially have."

Honored Contributor

In Texas they call that Theft by Bailee or Unlawful Appropriation and you can go to jail for it.  I call it plain ole thievery and still jail would be a good place for someone guilty.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I doubt the reason he hasn't paid is for lack of money. He probably felt the items were owed to him because he brought publicity to the organization. I am just speculating. Who knows what goes on in that man's mind.
Esteemed Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
I doubt the reason he hasn't paid is for lack of money. He probably felt the items were owed to him because he brought publicity to the organization. I am just speculating. Who knows what goes on in that man's mind.

You're not reading the story correctly.  Either give back the items or pay for them.  Two years, he's done neither.  He appears to be ignoring it all, thus the reason for the lawsuit @lgfan .  Period.

Respected Contributor

I did read the story correctly. It doesn't state why he hasn't returned them or paid for the items. Like I said who knows what his reasons are for not doing either. Period.
Esteemed Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
I did read the story correctly. It doesn't state why he hasn't returned them or paid for the items. Like I said who knows what his reasons are for not doing either. Period.

Well then there is no reason for him to be quiet about it.  Why can't he tell them he either lost the items, or that he will pay for them.  His business relationship with them earlier on was like this.  He made it right, every time.  Why all of a sudden he can't cough up the items or at least pay for them if they're lost?

Stop making excuses for this theft of service.