Super Contributor

KATIE Finale - Friday, Sept. 5th @ 3 PM (Metro ATL viewers only)

This is a special program note for fellow metro Atlanta viewers who were denied the opportunity to see the finale of Katie Couric's daily talk show when it was aired throughout the rest of America on July 30th.

WSB-TV will air the final installment of Katie on Friday, September 5th at 3 PM.

According to a station spokesperson, they saw "no reason" to air the finale in July and then broadcast more than a month of repeats.

As the talk show ends its run, "Farewell To Katie," (S2/Ep195) features "a look back at powerful moments, celebrity guests and musical acts. Also: comedic moments from behind the scenes."

Frequent Contributor

Re: KATIE Finale - Friday, Sept. 5th @ 3 PM (Metro ATL viewers only)

about time...

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch her show all of the time. When I did see it, she had some very interesting topics and people on there.

Not so much movie stars who would be on to promote their latest movie, etc. These were often real people and she talked about real subjects.

I thoroughly enjoyed the shows I saw.

Super Contributor

Finally!

The Good News: after a delay of more than an month, the finale of Katie aired today in Metro Atlanta.

The Bad News: we didn't see the entire show.

I suppose some things just weren't meant to be. Halfway through the show, Comcast's transmission crashed and we missed several minutes of the Katie finale.

Coincidentally, only moments earlier, I'd just been thinking and hoping that local severe weather warnings wouldn't interrupt. We'd already gotten Dear Leader's news conference dispensed with by 12:30 PM, so I thought that we were free and clear.

What we managed to see was a wonderful and heartwarming send-off. Especially gratifying was the surprise visit by Valerie Harper, who looked marvelous. I'm not sure if doctors have officially declared her in remission, but it's great that apparently she's thriving and continuing to work, performing in a variety of projects.

Katie seemed genuinely appreciative of the enormous amount of work put in by her young, energetic and dedicated staff in a valiant, but ultimately futile effort to keep the show afloat for two seasons. One can't help but feel heartbreak for the dozens of job losses that come with the cancellation.

Of course, Katie Couric bounced right back as the Global Anchor for YAHOO! News, a job that's reportedly paying her $5m annually. That was only half of what she was making as a talk show host and merely a third of her salary as anchor of the CBS EVENING NEWS, but who among us, with careful budgeting, scouting sales and coupon clipping, couldn't live comfortably on just $5 million/year?

Honored Contributor

She is very proud of the fact that she went to the University of Virginia (she often talks about it).

My daughter and her husband graduated from there. My daughter told me UVA professors are proud of the fact that she graduated from there also.

She seems like a lovely lady and does a good job.