Honored Contributor

Re: KATHY GRIFFIN HAS LUNG CANCER

My father chain smoked and passed away from lung cancer in 1965 at the age of 51.  My close long term friend passed away from COPD, she also smoked.  Smoking obviously can cause cancer but there are other causes.  It is a horrible disease and even after 56 years, my father's cancer and what he went through is still with me.

I wish Kathy Griffin the best and hope she has a full recovery.  On the positive side I know three people who survived lung cancer and are doing well so there is hope now where there wasn't years ago.

Honored Contributor

My good frien'ds father passed away from Lung Cancer from Asbetos from working in a factory, not all lung cancer is caused from smoking!

Honored Contributor

I would not wish any cancer on anyone.  It's the one disease I'd love to see a cure for before my last day.  My #1 wish for the human race.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

I would not be surprised to hear that it's caused by secondhand smoke from years of doing stand up at club venues.  I believe that's what happened with Dana Reeve when she would sing at smoky clubs.

@lolakimono I knew she died of lung cancer.  I did not know she was a singer.  That really stinks that one could get lung cancer based on OTHER people smoking.  If anyone at all has to get cancer, it should be the people who smoke, as they know the risks and they do it anyway.  And don't bash me, I do not wish anyone to get lung cancer.

@Puppy Lips   You may not be wishing lung cancer on anyone but your statements contradict each other.

Not everyone who smokes gets lung cancer.

Not every lung cancer is caused by smoking.

It took DECADES for cigarette companies to admit to knowing the dangers of smoking.  Second-hand smoke took even longer to be a factor.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

I don't care for her, she has wished death on many other people who have been sick, but maybe she will change her ways and realize that even people who don't think like her don't want the worst to happen.

Esteemed Contributor

@KACEE1115 wrote:

I don't care for her, she has wished death on many other people who have been sick, but maybe she will change her ways and realize that even people who don't think like her don't want the worst to happen.

@KACEE1115   yes she isn't a very nice person and yes has wished death on others in the past .   Maybe she will realize and change her ways after this .    It happens.

Trusted Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@KACEE1115 wrote:

@KACEE1115   yes she isn't a very nice person and yes has wished death on others in the past .   Maybe she will realize and change her ways after this .    It happens.

No, she isn't a nice person. Neither is Dan Bongina, but I don't expect him to learn a thing through his illness. I wish him well for the sake of his family and move on. I wish KG the same.

Honored Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@KACEE1115 wrote:

No, she isn't a nice person. Neither is Dan Bongina, but I don't expect him to learn a thing through his illness. I wish him well for the sake of his family and move on. I wish KG the same.

Sheesh. Well there is a thread about him; this one is about Griffin. Why must people get political? 😡

Respected Contributor

I think she has learned some life lessons the hard way , time will tell . We can all do what ever we want in life , but there will be consequences in certain cases.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@Puppy Lips   While you said you don't wish lung cancer on anybody, you still said people who smoke should be the ones to get lung cancer. Seriously?

My husband has metastatic lung cancer. It is not by any stretch easy to deal with. He's had one surgery that did not work in his favor as more small tumors popped up along the suture scar which led to many radiation treatments. Doing these and yet more small tumors reared their ugly heads.

He's now doing what his Drs call cancer maintenance - more than likely for the rest of his days or until he's DONE with doing an infusion and deadly cancer chemo pills for 7 days every other week.  

You think this sounds like fun? I can't even begin to tell you how dibilitating this is for him, for me, for us. Just so you know, we've been fighting his cancers since January 8, 2013, the day after he turned 60. This makes it 9 years now.

Do not EVER wish cancer on anyone. Unless YOU get cancer of any kind, you have no idea what you are talking about. 

You should delete your post AND you should apologize for even thinking such a thing let alone posting such a thing.

@PINKdogWOOD 

I am sorry for your husband's cancer.  It must be terribly hard for him and for you.

I agree with your first paragraph, too.

It is getting really depressing and inhumane when people start in on who should get any illness because of life-style choices.

Nothing is "fair" in this world.  

Everything has a return and when folks think some deserve any illness and others do not-then all compassion is off the table.  Nothing one can say will turn that back.

Everything has a return.

Everything.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh