Honored Contributor

Re: KATHY GRIFFIN HAS LUNG CANCER

My one SIL died from this at 49. She never smoked either. 

Trusted Contributor

It is sad,  it happens quite a bit to non-smokers.  I think the treatments are a little better now.  My mother died in 1981 she was 46 years old,  she had smoke lightly as a teen ager but she wasn't around smokers for the last 20 years of her life and she still died from lung cancer.  I wish Kathy well.

Esteemed Contributor

This is disheartening news, that hits close to home for me.😞 Hopefully, it WAS caught in time!🤞🤞 I was a huge fan of hers at one time, and wish her well along her journey to good health.❤🙏

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I agree a lot of people have lung problems because they lived in a house where other's lived.

My Dad smoked but my Aunt and Grandmother would never allow him to smoke in the house.

I'm 74, but even back then, I was taught it was a filthy habit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BlueFinch wrote:

It's always sad to hear such news. Thankfully it was caught early. I hope her surgery is without complications. Even so, it will be a tough recovery. 

@BlueFinch   Yes, I can relate. I had the same surgery on my right lung in 2004 when I was 44 yrs old.

I wish Kathy all the best on her recovery.

Esteemed Contributor

My mom died of lung cancer. She never smoked a day in her life.

They said she likely got it from second hand smoke. Both her dad & my dad were smokers.

Honored Contributor

My friend's mom had lung cancer and never smoked.  They believe her's was the result of working in a very old building and breathing things in that were in the building. 

According to what I saw, Kathy went to the doctor to be checked because she was having issues that aren't at all symptoms of lung cancer and they found the cancer. 

There are many symptoms of lung cancer.  Apparently there is also a low dose x-ray that can be done to check for lung cancer.          

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder why these types of xrays are not taken periodically to check the lungs.  I guess it's just another procedure the insurance companies don't want to pay for.  The trick is always early prognosis.  My mom died of lung cancer also.  She was a smoker but had quit a good 25 years before her diagnosis.  I also had an uncle that died of lung cancer who was not a smoker but as someone stated, worked in a factory all his life.   

While I totally am not a fan of Kathy, I do wish her well.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips   While you said you don't wish lung cancer on anybody, you still said people who smoke should be the ones to get lung cancer. Seriously?

My husband has metastatic lung cancer. It is not by any stretch easy to deal with. He's had one surgery that did not work in his favor as more small tumors popped up along the suture scar which led to many radiation treatments. Doing these and yet more small tumors reared their ugly heads.

He's now doing what his Drs call cancer maintenance - more than likely for the rest of his days or until he's DONE with doing an infusion and deadly cancer chemo pills for 7 days every other week.  

You think this sounds like fun? I can't even begin to tell you how dibilitating this is for him, for me, for us. Just so you know, we've been fighting his cancers since January 8, 2013, the day after he turned 60. This makes it 9 years now.

Do not EVER wish cancer on anyone. Unless YOU get cancer of any kind, you have no idea what you are talking about. 

You should delete your post AND you should apologize for even thinking such a thing let alone posting such a thing.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

My friend's mom had lung cancer and never smoked.  They believe her's was the result of working in a very old building and breathing things in that were in the building. 

According to what I saw, Kathy went to the doctor to be checked because she was having issues that aren't at all symptoms of lung cancer and they found the cancer. 

There are many symptoms of lung cancer.  Apparently there is also a low dose x-ray that can be done to check for lung cancer.        

It is called an LDCT (Low Dose CT) and screens people at higher risk for lung cancer.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky