Esteemed Contributor

I just remembered that she was also on an episode of Wife Swap. She swapped places with former playmate Kendra Wilkinson who at that time was married to former football player Hank Baskett. I'm pretty sure they're divorced now.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

She is a totall mess,yes make money off those sad kids.If by chance a guy enters her life ,I will feel sorry for him.she is only looking for herself period.

Honored Contributor

She's still rumored to be involved with her married bodyguard.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@bewise wrote:

She is a totall mess,yes make money off those sad kids.If by chance a guy enters her life ,I will feel sorry for him.she is only looking for herself period.

@bewise   Kate's two oldest daughters, the twins, arranged this show, say they want her to find someone.

Valued Contributor

@Bri369 , I don't think you'd be LOL-ing if you were the bodyguard's wife. 

Honored Contributor

Re: KATE PLUS DATE

[ Edited ]

I've always been the odd man out when it comes to Kate Gosslin. I always felt life dealt her a bad hand. Her personality wasn't cut out to being overwhelmed with raising 8 kids at once. They couldn't, by any means by themselves, afford this many kids. Todays television gave her the opportunity to cash in on her life. I enjoy watching her life. And when I heard of this show I set it up on my dvr to record and watch. I have a big heart and have sympathy for people. I just don't have it in me to constantly express hate toward others. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I too watched and I have no idea why.  The matchmaker used to be one of the experts on Married at First Sight.

Kate is absolutely awful.  She is just rude.

That being said, that first guy was something else.  He seemed like he was acting for the camera.  I seriously would have walked out on him had I been on a date with him.  He was odd and way over the top.

The second guy seemed super nice but of course, Kate was freaked out over beetles, acorns hitting the roof and the rain.  Her reactions are so dramatic, all the time. 

Honored Contributor

Re: KATE PLUS DATE

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I too watched and I have no idea why.  The matchmaker used to be one of the experts on Married at First Sight.

Kate is absolutely awful.  She is just rude.

That being said, that first guy was something else.  He seemed like he was acting for the camera.  I seriously would have walked out on him had I been on a date with him.  He was odd and way over the top.

The second guy seemed super nice but of course, Kate was freaked out over beetles, acorns hitting the roof and the rain.  Her reactions are so dramatic, all the time. 

@Lipstickdiva   I agree about the first guy, terrible, lol.  The second seemed nice, good looking, but was short, as Kate kept saying, not to him, lol.

I thought, considering how she really felt about these two gguys, she did pretty well, saved her comments until she was away from them, but all in all, I find the show funny watching Kate's facial expressions and some of her comments voicing disapprioval are  pretty funny.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

I missed the first episode Monday, so watched the rerun last night.  I thought it was pretty funny, but so far, the matchmaker has made too bad choices in men for Kate.  

@mousiegirl 

And I feel the opposite of you. That the matchmaker has made a bad choice in trying to stick these poor guys with Kate.

I watched Kate for years be totally obnoxious and rude to Jon.  So I agree "poor guys"  I guess they never saw her on jon and kate plus 8.  Yikes lol

@sunshine 919   I didn't like her treatment of Jon either, but he allowed it.  That sort of treatment happens when love and respect are gone from a relationship.

Honored Contributor

I don't dislike Kate and I do not think she is an awful mother or that she treated Jon bad.

She was extremely young and had eight children.  Her husband was of no help to her at all.  He was riding dirt bikes and hanging out with friends, playing video games and generally doing everything he could, except helping with the kids.

Kate is organized and likes everything planned and she is not a messy person.  Having all of those kids at once had to be overwelming.

I could see myself screaming at my husband if he was lazy and left me with all of the work while he was having a good time doing nothing for the family.  Jon didn't even hold down a job for very long after they started on the show.

Kate  is one smart cookie. She has money for each of her children to go to college and she has kept a roof over their heads and their tummies full.  Jon is still working odd jobs and blew through every dime he ever made. He has never paid child support, though two of the kids now live with him.  ( I wonder if Kate pays him child support for those two)

The taxpayers of PA thank Kate that she is not supporting her children via the welfare system.  Yes, she is not an easy person to be around, but she is resourceful.

Many of the people on TLC are "different" If they had boring lives, we wouldn't tune in.

I wouldn't want to live with Kate, but I don't hate her and I think she has done a great job in supporting herself and her family.  She is a big step up from the "housewives" and the Kardashians and those shows have a lot of viewers.