Respected Contributor

Re: Justin Bieber just lost 3.5 million Instagram followers

Sony Hackers Appear to Mock FBI in Latest Message

Respected Contributor

Sony Hack: ‘The Interview’ Facebook, Twitter Accounts Are Deleted

Nice to know anytime, anyplace, these terror attackers can step into any account and play god... but it will not only be them it will be other with this talent I say lets go back to analog
as in Person of Interest...
It seems the line is becoming more and more blurred between the machine and man....
This book written in 1943 and I pick it up for 50c in a used book store in the 1970's

The God of the Machine presents an original theory of history and a bold defense of individualism as the source of moral and political progress. When it was published in 1943, Isabel Paterson's work provided fresh intellectual support for the endangered American belief in individual rights, limited government, and economic freedom. The crisis of today's collectivized nations would not have surprised Paterson; in The God of the Machine, she had explored the reasons for collectivism's failure. Her book placed her in the vanguard of the free-enterprise movement now sweeping the world.

Paterson sees the individual creative mind as the dynamo of history, and respect for the individual's God-given rights as the precondition for the enormous release of energy that produced the modern world. She sees capitalist institutions as the machinery through which human energy works, and government as a device properly used merely to cut off power to activities that threaten personal liberty.

Paterson applies her general theory to particular issues in contemporary life, such as education, .social welfare, and the causes of economic distress. She severely criticizes all but minimal application of government, including governmental interventions that most people have long taken for granted. The God of the Machine offers a challenging perspective on the continuing, worldwide debate about the nature of freedom, the uses of power, and the prospects of human betterment.

Stephen Cox's substantial introduction to The God of the Machine is a comprehensive and enlightening account of Paterson's colorful life and work. He describes The God of the Machine as "not just theory, but rhapsody, satire, diatribe, poetic narrative." Paterson's work continues to be relevant because "it exposes the moral and practical failures of collectivism, failures that are now almost universally acknowledged but are still far from universally understood." The book will be essential to students of American history, political theory, and literature.

Honored Contributor

Everyone should care. This shows the ability to pinpoint exactly where and when whomever it is (probably others can do it) the ability to affect our entire society.

Yes, you really should care. Everyone had better start paying attention.

Just sit and think for one minute how our entire country is run by computers. As I told you, family members own companies who do cyber security for a living. Believe me, they care.

Respected Contributor

Annable

It is all coming apart and everyone seem numb to it, on some level they know but it is not sinking in we live in serious times...

I just read where two police were working overtime as part of an anti-terrorism drill when they were shot point-blank in their heads by the lone gunman, who posted on Instagram "I'm Putting Wings on Pigs Today,"

They Take 1 Of Ours . Let's Take 2 of Theirs," the post continued, signing off with, "This May Be My Final Post."

It seems like only a few of us are awake...

Honored Contributor

My goodness, who actually cares about this ? {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Honored Contributor

How can I go on living???

Honored Contributor

I agree 11th hour. Maybe it's my old age but I see that all of this is something that should be paid attention to.

The area I grew up and my high school all are connected (there are way over 100 of us who stay connected (some meet for lunch a few times a month).

Everyone agrees that all of this is connected and people had better wake up and pay attention AND CARE.

I know people are busy with their own lives, but if everyone doesn't wake up their lives are going to be VERY different.

People who are working on cyber security are working overtime these days. They can only do so much. Americans go through life with their eyes closed.

I have friends who have 1 year worth of food saved (Sean Hannity on Fox does). They have other stuff put away. These are normal people who you'd never suspect were worried about the directions things are going.

Wake up people.

It's not at all about the Kardashians or Justin Bieber at all. That is the symptom, not the cause.

Super Contributor

Justin Bieber is such a little creep. He needs to go away. He cannot sing and never could. I like Usher, but the man must be deaf! Just saying..................

There is way too many millions being paid to people who have no talent whatsoever. Think of what that money could do to help people and animals!

Respected Contributor

My goodness, who actually cares about this ? {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} ~ Tinkrbl44

People who care about the world tomorrow for their children and grandchildren that they will live in and not have all the wonderful freedoms that America once held....