Honored Contributor

Re: Just watched the first episode of "The Good Doctor" today.

@CANDLEQUEEN

thank you for the reply Smiley Happy

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

Freddie Highmore is great; I loved him as Charlie  and then as Norman Bates. I didn't care for the co-stars at first, but they needed to time flesh out the characters. Have seen three episodes so far and I like this much better than Code Black.

Critics hate this, but viewer response has been so favorable that they added more shows to the season. So critics don't always know.

I think it's very important that they get more Shaun Murphy's and Sheldon Coopers out in mainstream media. People on the spectrum have difficulties in trying to fit in.  Maybe this may help towards opening closed doors. You can't expect everyone to be on board, but if enough are, it's better.

(I also watch  Born this Way--the docu-series about young adults with Down Syndrome.)

Respected Contributor

I've enjoyed this show from the first two episodes,but my husband wasn't crazy about it; after this last episode, I talked him into watching it with me, and now he's enthusiastic about it as well.

I think this show to be viewed several times in order to get the backstories.

Denise
Respected Contributor

ETA "needs to be viewed several times".

Also, I have Prism and can watch all network and "cable" channels for free.

Denise
Trusted Contributor

I really like The Good Doctor.  I've watched all 3 episodes so far and look forward to more.  I find it fascinating to watch how Dr. Shaun Murphy navigates through his professional and his personal life.

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm officially a prude.

It's just $ex, $ex, $ex.

People sleeping together NOT in a relationship, bedroom scenes every episode.

An 18 year old p o r n worker with a boo-boo va gin a, really?

I could have gone my entire life without knowing all those details

Then the flashback scene with Shaun and the girl "show me yours and I'll show you mine".   I get how it all fits but.. I don't know.   All the daydreaming made him miss his bus stop.   I'm really not curious about his sex life or lack thereof.   For doctors, they sure don't understand what taking Shaun to a busy bar could do to him--the  noise, the lights.   He is not "normal" by their standards, why do they push him to be "normal".   He's himself.

Let's go out for a drink!  "I'm not thirsty"   Great line.

I'm trying not to take those things out of context.    I want to really like this show.   I liked the part about losing the screwdriver and bothering the janitor at all hours, the furniture in the middle of the room.    Hold your ground, Shaun, you don't need an aide.  You have enough people telling you what to do & what not to do.

Honored Contributor

I thought last night's episode was the best one so far.

Honored Contributor

@madzonie wrote:

I really like The Good Doctor.  I've watched all 3 episodes so far and look forward to more.  I find it fascinating to watch how Dr. Shaun Murphy navigates through his professional and his personal life.

@madzonie

Same here. I’m enjoying the show.

I don’t have cable TV & stream it through my Fire TV Stick. Good thing, as many good shows come on too late for me. I work full time and get up early which means going to bed early, too.